Hi, happy to be here. Saving like a mad man

famousbrownbear

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey all,

Very happy to come across this forum. I've been saving my max IRA and 401(k) limits basically since graduating college. I finally repaid all of my $60,000 of student loans. Now to crush after-tax savings. I'm looking to buy my first income property this year. I'm 30.

Welcome and congratulations on paying off your student loans!!

Welcome! Great progress - report on your income property when you reach that next step on your FIRE journey

Sounds like you are leagues ahead of most people your age, congrats, and welcome.

Hey all,

Very happy to come across this forum. I've been saving my max IRA and 401(k) limits basically since graduating college. I finally repaid all of my $60,000 of student loans. Now to crush after-tax savings. I'm looking to buy my first income property this year. I'm 30.
Congrats! Well-done at your age! After the 401(k), try to fill up the ROTH IRA bucket first...keep killing it!

I didn't start seriously saving until I was 33, so you have a good head-start on me (and I didn't start out saving the max allowed for 401(k). You could easily retire by 45, I'm guessing!

Welcome. Looks like you are doing a great job. Just remember to live well while you get there.

Congrats! Well-done at your age! After the 401(k), try to fill up the ROTH IRA bucket first...keep killing it!

I didn't start seriously saving until I was 33, so you have a good head-start on me (and I didn't start out saving the max allowed for 401(k). You could easily retire by 45, I'm guessing!

+1. I bought my first house at 30 and was 35 before I got the ball rolling on meaningful savings.

Back
Top Bottom