007 or "00" {Insert Your Name Here} (Poll on Passports)

How many Passports do you have, or are eligible to have?

Votes: 35 70.0%

Votes: 11 22.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • More than 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I do not know about others here, but I currently have 3 passports, USA, UK & Canadian. DW has 2 USA & Canadian.

I just found out that I am also eligible for a Maltese Passport as my Mother and here father were born in Malta.

Not sure if I even want a Maltese Passport to add to my collection. But it did make me think if I have more than one, how many of us also do, or are at lease eligible for more than 1.

Canadian and British passports. The British one is lapsed now. I probably will not renew it.

USA and New Zealand. Got the NZ once my son got his permanent residency after living in NZ for 5 years. What makes it nice is I can travel to other British Commonwealth countries without applying for a VISA.

Interesting though; I have a grand daughter born in New Zealand and they do not consider her a citizen of that country. Seems at least one of the parents must be a citizen for a child born in their country to be considered as a citizen. She has both passports as well as the rest of the family.

BTW, you didn't offer up ZERO. I'm sure there are a lot of people without a passport.

The thread title was modified to include two keywords that facilitate future searches.

I have US and EU, but depending on Brexit, I might have to renew that as UK only.

I'll keep both active as long as permitted, never know when it might come in handy.

I currently just have US but I am working on getting Italian citizenship as well. They grant citizenship by descent but the process is slow and involves lots of documentation. Hopefully I will be able to get a second passport in a couple of years.

Big FAT 0!

I couldn't place a vote. My passport expired and I don't want to renew it (sick of travel). Zero should have been a choice in the poll.

I couldn't place a vote. My passport expired and I don't want to renew it (sick of travel). Zero should have been a choice in the poll.

Nope, because you are ELIGIBLE for one. And that was the poll. How many do you have or are eligible for?

BTW, you didn't offer up ZERO. I'm sure there are a lot of people without a passport.

The Question includes the word Eligible, I would think ALL people here are eligible for at least 1. Whether they choose to have it or not is different

The term 'eligible' didn't register with me when I first posted. That made me curious as to what might be grounds for denial of a passport.

Several factors can prevent approval of a passport application, including:

• The applicant is in arrears on child support. The Secretary of Health and Human Services child support database is checked before the approval of any passport application.
  • The applicant has been deemed incompetent by a court of law and/or committed to a mental institution by a court of law.
  • The applicant has warrants for arrest or court orders or subpoenas on record requiring the applicant to remain in the U.S., including orders from the United States Armed Forces, or the applicant is on parole or probation and a condition of that parole or probation prohibits leaving the U.S. or the court’s jurisdiction. The Marshals Service WIN database is checked before a passport is issued.
  • The applicant or the applicant’s family has received federal loans for: repatriation of the applicant and/or the applicant's family members from a foreign country, emergency medical attention, dietary supplements and/or evacuation of the applicant and/or the applicant's family from a foreign country to the United States.
  • The applicant was denied a passport previously or had a passport revoked, unless the applicant can prove sufficient change of circumstances.
  • The applicant is deemed to be a threat to national security of the United States.
  • The applicant was arrested and convicted for either a felony or misdemeanor related to the manufacture, distribution, or possession of a controlled substance involving the use of a U.S. passport.
  • A foreign country has requested the applicant be extradited, or if the U.S. Department of State is advised the applicant has a warrant out for arrest for a felony in another country.

The Question includes the word Eligible

Didn't think I could answer, since my writing is pretty much illegible. ;)

I have a Canadian passport, I'm eligible for a UK one, and if I'd've taken out citizenship (which I could have done) when I lived in Oz, then an Australian one too...but that's water over the bridge.

Oops just read the above post which refers to being incompetent...since I'm incompetent at just about everything, now I'm really confused.

Last edited:
The term 'eligible' didn't register with me when I first posted. That made me curious as to what might be grounds for denial of a passport.

Several factors can prevent approval of a passport application, including:

• The applicant is in arrears on child support. The Secretary of Health and Human Services child support database is checked before the approval of any passport application.
  • The applicant has been deemed incompetent by a court of law and/or committed to a mental institution by a court of law.
  • The applicant has warrants for arrest or court orders or subpoenas on record requiring the applicant to remain in the U.S., including orders from the United States Armed Forces, or the applicant is on parole or probation and a condition of that parole or probation prohibits leaving the U.S. or the court’s jurisdiction. The Marshals Service WIN database is checked before a passport is issued.
  • The applicant or the applicant’s family has received federal loans for: repatriation of the applicant and/or the applicant's family members from a foreign country, emergency medical attention, dietary supplements and/or evacuation of the applicant and/or the applicant's family from a foreign country to the United States.
  • The applicant was denied a passport previously or had a passport revoked, unless the applicant can prove sufficient change of circumstances.
  • The applicant is deemed to be a threat to national security of the United States.
  • The applicant was arrested and convicted for either a felony or misdemeanor related to the manufacture, distribution, or possession of a controlled substance involving the use of a U.S. passport.
  • A foreign country has requested the applicant be extradited, or if the U.S. Department of State is advised the applicant has a warrant out for arrest for a felony in another country.

If this is all that will make you ineligible, then I am eligible. I'll go back and vote "1".

Not sure if I even want a Maltese Passport to add to my collection. But it did make me think if I have more than one, how many of us also do, or are at lease eligible for more than 1.
The Maltese one will guarantee you EU freedom of movement so no worry about Brexit. I would jump for an EU passport. My Brit one is soon to be diminished and turned blue.

The Maltese one will guarantee you EU freedom of movement so no worry about Brexit. I would jump for an EU passport. My Brit one is soon to be diminished and turned blue.

+1

Agree on the Maltese passport if you are a Europhile. And Malta is a gorgeous place with great weather and history.

i have no current passports

but to my understanding i could apply for 3

1. Australia ( where i reside )

2. New Zealand ( where my father was born and served in their armed forces )

3 . UK ( where 3 of my grand-parents were born )

due to current health issues traveling outside the home city is NOT recommended ( overseas trips will have to wait , maybe for ever )

i have no current passports

but to my understanding i could apply for 3

1. Australia ( where i reside )

2. New Zealand ( where my father was born and served in their armed forces )

3 . UK ( where 3 of my grand-parents were born )

due to current health issues traveling outside the home city is NOT recommended ( overseas trips will have to wait , maybe for ever )
If you are from a Commonwealth country and have a British grandparent you could get an UK ancestry visa good for 5 years.

I have a bunch, but they're all expired except for my current one. Lots of entry/exit stamps in all of them. These days I'm a real piker. Only a few years to go until this one expires and I've only filled half the pages so far. Some of the people I w*rked with did so much traveling they had passports nearly half an inch thick from all the additional pages they had to get inserted.

My pride and joy is a diplomatic passport I had for a couple of years. Made me feel as if I were someone special.

Back
Top Bottom