Spring Milestone the first tomatoes are in.

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Most of yesterday It was dreary, with sprinkles so I took a Chance and planted 5 of my precious Sungold cherry tomatoes in pots in front of my house yesterday. Just like a tornado seems to be attracted to mobile homes within hours we had a wicked thunderstorm, tornado warnings and 15 degree drop in temperature. Walked the pooch this morning and it was 48 degrees but the tomatoes looked ok.

I have to say we are “god willing” 2 months away from some glorious little orange balls of sweetness - I cant wait.

Oh and DD closed on her house... Can that mean goodbye clutter!!!!!

Good luck on those "maters" Ray, one of my favorites also. I have not planted them in the garden yet, usually May 5th here to make sure no frost. I usually plant 3 or 4 different types just for the variety.

My wife likes to start the plants from seed in the house. The plants look great just haven't put them out yet. We are suppose to get snow this weekend. Lol

^ I know, not good. We are so dry here it will be a good thing. lol We had very little snow and no rain to speak of this spring yet.

Here in Bradenton, FL, we are nearing the end of tomato growing season, which for us begins around December. Not a great year but we had some decent heirlooms. This week we are getting ready to harvest a large rack of banana's. We started out with one tree and have moved about half a dozen pups around the yard so now we seem to have a new rack coming on every month or so.

Last edited:
Montana you never know what the weather will be.

Back
Top Bottom