Market panic ?, bring it, along with my shopping list !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Great stocks on sale soon. Not there yet , but hopeful. Getting my " dirty bottom fisher " shopping list list ready. Drop in oil prices is a big indicator IMO.

Last edited:
... Drop in oil prices is a big indicator IMO.

Just refuel my car yesterday at Costco. Paid $3.05 which was higher than when I last bought gas more than 1 month ago. What happened?

Great stocks on sale soon. Not there yet , but hopeful. Getting my " dirty bottom fisher " shopping list list ready. Drop in oil prices is a big indicator IMO.

There will be one more push to 2860 area (S&P), then we retest the Dec lows, and then rally back to new highs at about 4,000 before this Bull market is finally over in about 3 years!

Just refuel my car yesterday at Costco. Paid $3.05 which was higher than when I last bought gas more than 1 month ago. What happened?

Early refinery maintenance season this year. IMO 2020 mandates that ships switch from heavy fuel oil to ultra low sulfur diesel. I expect a big mess over the next 18 months as a result. Even more fun if we start a war with Iran.

There will be one more push to 2860 area (S&P), then we retest the Dec lows, and then rally back to new highs at about 4,000 before this Bull market is finally over in about 3 years!

And then what?

Starting the list: Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Walmart, also some of the usual suspects - big oil and Pharma . More to come.........

Early refinery maintenance season this year. IMO 2020 mandates that ships switch from heavy fuel oil to ultra low sulfur diesel. I expect a big mess over the next 18 months as a result. Even more fun if we start a war with Iran.

Or if they start a war with us.

Or if they start a war with us.

Two sides of the same coin. My estimate is that the Iranians would not go farther than a proxy effort. I am sure they took notice of the millions of Iraqis that dies in the war, combatants and non-combatants.

^ a war with them should fast and quick. It won't take much or long if we mean business.

^ a war with them should fast and quick. It won't take much or long if we mean business.

It would be really easy for them to close the strait of Hormuz to commercial shipping for as long as they wish to. That goes double if they become a Russian proxy.

Don’t you remember recent history? None of our engagements in Iraq or Afghanistan have been “fast and quick”. The first gulf war may have seemed so, but it turned out to be only a preview.

^ very good points for sure. I do beleive with the demeanor of the Gov. today it will be hard/fast/ and out.

Thanks for an interesting discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom