Coffmonster7

Coffmonster7

Confused about dryer sheets
NM State Retiree 6 yrs. now. Retired w full state pension @ age 52. Worked 26 yrs. w State Environment Dept. as Underground Tank Inspector (6 yrs.) & Hazardous Waste Inspector (18 yrs.), BS degree in Geological Engineering. Happily retired. Not eager to go back to work unless find outstanding opportunity. Current "occupation"/"hobbies" mostly working for myself estate planning including researching/studying conducting investments in my 457(b), researching all the moving integrated aspects of "retirement" including investment accts. finance laws, types of investments, state/federal integration regarding pensions, medicare, medicaid, going back to work, etc. Also re-studying math, engineering & all the sciences @ Kahnacademy.org to get all my unused college knowledge refreshed in my head.

Welcome! I also have a BS in Geological Engineering! Not too many of us here!

NM State Retiree 6 yrs. now. Retired w full state pension @ age 52. Worked 26 yrs. w State Environment Dept. as Underground Tank Inspector (6 yrs.) & Hazardous Waste Inspector (18 yrs.), BS degree in Geological Engineering. Happily retired. Not eager to go back to work unless find outstanding opportunity. Current "occupation"/"hobbies" mostly working for myself estate planning including researching/studying conducting investments in my 457(b), researching all the moving integrated aspects of "retirement" including investment accts. finance laws, types of investments, state/federal integration regarding pensions, medicare, medicaid, going back to work, etc. Also re-studying math, engineering & all the sciences @ Kahnacademy.org to get all my unused college knowledge refreshed in my head.

Hi and welcome. I have a friend who was a NM State employee and he retired and 26 years and receives about 65% of his last salary
Sounds like a good deal. He did mention that he is worried that they will soon be reducing the annual Cola amount though.

Welcome Coffmonster7,

Sounds like you are staying busy in retirement, and that is usually a good thing.

Best to you,

VW

Sounds like the good life! Doing things on your time! At least 12 more years for us.

Welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you.

Back
Top Bottom