Fidelity Income Strategy Evaluator

Cat-tirement

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone used the Fidelity Income Strategy Evaluator lately. I found an old thread from 2011, but it didn't seem pertinent.

I entered all my info in the Retirement Income Planner (which I liked for the most part), including detailed expenses. The ISE draws some information from the RIP, but doesn't seem to use it all. For example, I have an entry in RIP for sale of our current home shortly after ER, and I plan to use the proceeds for living expenses during the first couple of years. (We already own our retirement home in addition to the current one.) However, even though ISE lists the sale proceeds under additional income, it doesn't seem to want me to spend it. I also entered an additional amount for liquid assets where it prompted me, but it seems to ignore that too. It seems to be more interested in pushing me into annuities.

Am I missing something?

I have played with the Fido Income Strategy tool. If you want to exclude annuities from the answer, you need to change a couple of your answers in the "interview" to exclude annual income as a priority. Fido pretty much follows the investment advisor bias (and some independents like Pfau) who believe longevity is improved by having annuity income in place to meet those expenses you inputted in the RIP as "Essential" (you may have to used the detailed option in the expense side of RIP)
Nwsteve

Back
Top Bottom