Ebola in Texas

they still do not have a place to live because of the stigma.

Maybe. But it was also reported that their lease was up and they were planning to move before this all started. I've also seen reports that most of their belongings were destroyed as part of disinfecting, so they don't really have anywhere specific to return to. Certainly no where as nice as the conference center they are currently staying in.

Dallas cancels Halloween!

Dallas Cancels Halloween Amid Ebola Concerns - National Report | National Report

I'm not picking up that news from any other source. You'd think if city officials canceled it there would be loads of reports, but only the one so I'm suspicious.

Based on some other headlines such as "White House To Be Painted Green For “Earth Month” In 2015" this appears to be a satire site.

All the evidence suggests it is satire.

News On The Website nationalreport.net is Fake - On The Media

A Guide to Fake News Websites

Several sad things:
This website is absolutely tasteless and not funny.
It tries to make fun of right wing extremist views as well as some sad aspects of human life such as the spike in rapes in India, but it fails to be funny.
Unfortunately some of its stories have been picked up and reported as actual news.
Its disclaimer page is very hard to find (you have to google it) and the only disclaimer on the frontpage is that National Report is not for persons under 18 years of age.
If you go to the comments sections of their "articles" it is very clear that readers believe this stuff.
This scares me about our society more than Ebola virus, which can, with effort, be contained.

All the evidence suggests it is satire.

News On The Website nationalreport.net is Fake - On The Media

A Guide to Fake News Websites

Several sad things:
This website is absolutely tasteless and not funny.
It tries to make fun of right wing extremist views as well as some sad aspects of human life such as the spike in rapes in India, but it fails to be funny.
Unfortunately some of its stories have been picked up and reported as actual news.
Its disclaimer page is very hard to find (you have to google it) and the only disclaimer on the frontpage is that National Report is not for persons under 18 years of age.
If you go to the comments sections of their "articles" it is very clear that readers believe this stuff.
This scares me about our society more than Ebola virus, which can, with effort, be contained.

Oh it was definitely satire. But reading the article itself, that wasn't clear. And the person that linked it somewhere else probably believed it.

It was only after noticing no other sources, and when I read the other headlines that the satire nature of the site was clear. But yes, I had to pay attention and dig a little bit. I notice many folks don't bother.

Hoo boy. The closest a teacher got to an outbreak area was 3,000 miles but she's still going to wait the 21 days before going back to teach. She is concerned (probably justifiably) about mobs with torches and pitchforks.

Educator will be back from Kenya on Thursday - Journal News | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

Yeah, there is a lot of this kind of thing going on. I read someone couldn't go back to work for 21 days because they'd been on the cruise ship with the lab tech who had tested NEGATIVE for Ebola even before the ship docked in the US. Did they miss a crucial fact? Please!

Yeah, there is a lot of this kind of thing going on. I read someone couldn't go back to work for 21 days because they'd been on the cruise ship with the lab tech who had tested NEGATIVE for Ebola even before the ship docked in the US. Did they miss a crucial fact? Please!

Ignorance Is Strength

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I would love to work from home more as I approach FIRE. Maybe I can use an excuse like this. I had Texas fries for lunch. And some Texas-style chili, too.

Hoo boy. The closest a teacher got to an outbreak area was 3,000 miles but she's still going to wait the 21 days before going back to teach.

If it was with pay, I would take a month (or two) off, just to be sure I was clear...

Based on some other headlines such as "White House To Be Painted Green For “Earth Month” In 2015" this appears to be a satire site.

To be renamed "The Green House"...

One quick look at my Facebook wall would verify this hypothesis...

It was only after noticing no other sources, and when I read the other headlines that the satire nature of the site was clear. But yes, I had to pay attention and dig a little bit. I notice many folks don't bother.

That...

I would love to work from home more as I approach FIRE. Maybe I can use an excuse like this. I had Texas fries for lunch. And some Texas-style chili, too.

There could be other good reasons for a quarantine after a bowl of Texas red...

This is interesting regarding the lack of enforcement powers of the CDC "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday strengthened safety protocols for health workers caring for Ebola patients. But the agency still must rely on hospitals to follow the guidelines, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to enforce them if hospitals fall short."
Does CDC Need More Authority to Enforce Its Own Ebola Protocols? - Management - GovExec.com

This is interesting regarding the lack of enforcement powers of the CDC "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday strengthened safety protocols for health workers caring for Ebola patients. But the agency still must rely on hospitals to follow the guidelines, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to enforce them if hospitals fall short."
Does CDC Need More Authority to Enforce Its Own Ebola Protocols? - Management - GovExec.com

Actually the enforcement powers lie with the state health departments. Most things medical are state responsibilities. The direct federal role is limited to interstate and international commerce (Commerce Clause). For example medical professionals are state licensed.

Last edited:

Just to be sure you can work from home, take a flight to O'Hare and then a flight back. You don't even have to leave the airport. That should do it since there are two cases in Chicago now.

Just to be sure you can work from home, take a flight to O'Hare and then a flight back. You don't even have to leave the airport. That should do it since there are two cases in Chicago now.

The Chicago cases haven't been diagnosed with Ebola yet.

The Chicago cases haven't been diagnosed with Ebola yet.

True - the adult patient had nausea and diarrhea upon arrival, was given a full medical evaluation, and it was determined that it was not necessary to test the patient for ebola.

The second, a child from Liberia, was vomiting on the plane and is being tested for ebola.

Both patients are improving according to the Chicago Tribune

Here is something interesting from Sierra Leon
We have all been waiting for the cure. Well here is the answer.
Just in the newspaper today the nano silver sent to Sierra Leone is working.
here are some links to check it out

http://drrimatruthreports.com/media-...silver-10-ppm/

Ebola Treatment Is Working According to Official In Sierra Leone, So Why Such Opposition? | Standard Times Press

http://www.inquisitr.com/1545317/ebo...ch-opposition/

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_d...p?q=1413469152

http://en.starafrica.com/news/sierra...eat-ebola.html

Here is something interesting from Sierra Leon
We have all been waiting for the cure. Well here is the answer.
Just in the newspaper today the nano silver sent to Sierra Leone is working.
here are some links to check it out

Paid product placement much? When essentially the same article singing the praises of the same snake oil salesperson appears in many contexts, the odds are it is not the result of journalistic investigation.

Meanwhile, back on Earth: Natural Solutions Foundation 9/23/14

See also: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm410086.htm

Now another possible ebola case in NYC:
New York physician tested for Ebola - CNN.com

I wonder if any of these other locations would have handled it better than Dallas if they were the first in US to receive an ebola patient like Duncan walking in off the street. Somehow, I think not.

Paid product placement much? When essentially the same article singing the praises of the same snake oil salesperson appears in many contexts, the odds are it is not the result of journalistic investigation.

Meanwhile, back on Earth: Natural Solutions Foundation 9/23/14

See also: FDA warns consumers about fraudulent Ebola treatment products

If you believe the FDA and not the newspapers in the county that is involve.
The FDA have been after everyone who can cure anything with out drug.
Please read the sites instead of making a judgement.

Guess this thread should be changed to Ebola in America since a case is confirmed in NY. So...this doctor was treating patients in Guinea was back 10 days and became sick. But wait...apparently he went bowling the other night. Seems like he should have been quarantined for 21 days first. I wish him a speedy recovery.

This site is read/searched a lot. I don't think promoting hysteria is good, rather listen to those who have credentials in medicine (I do not).

Guess this thread should be changed to Ebola in America since a case is confirmed in NY. So...this doctor was treating patients in Guinea was back 10 days and became sick. But wait...apparently he went bowling the other night. Seems like he should have been quarantined for 21 days first. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I don't wish him crap. What the $@#% was he thinking? Oh, I have been working with Ebola patients in Africa and now I will go ride the subway and go bowling.

Just stay in Africa and die if you are that inconsiderate of your fellow man that you are unwilling to quarantine yourself for the 21 days.

Maybe we should start a thread called can you catch ebola from a bowling ball.
I so hope nobody used his bowling ball after this guys had used it.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom