Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #501
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
From that list, I say Brady and Palmer are clearly better than Cutler right now. The others I'm not so sure (even though Manning has two SB rings).

I'd say (totally not statistical, that'll be no fun) the 5 top QBs right now in order are:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Newton
5. Palmer

Maybe Luck instead of Palmer. Some that were on the top no much anymore like Ryan, Brees, both Mannings.
What do you base that ranking on? When you say right now do you mean this season? if so, the ranking of the QBs in the league based on SI passer rating after 10 games (11 games for teams that played yesterday) has all the QBs I listed above with the exception of Romo ahead of Cutler who is the 16th rated QB in the league right now.

http://www.si.com/nfl/stats?json=1&d...sing&sort=rate
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #502
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
What do you base that ranking on? When you say right now do you mean this season? if so, the ranking of the QBs in the league based on SI passer rating after 10 games (11 games for teams that played yesterday) has all the QBs I listed above with the exception of Romo ahead of Cutler who is the 16th rated QB in the league right now.

http://www.si.com/nfl/stats?json=1&d...sing&sort=rate
Totally not scientific, but just pure gut feel. Had I wanted to go the stats route, then just go by QBR and then no further discussion .

Of course, I'm sure there is no coincidence of the QBs on the list and the success of the teams this year, with the exception of Rodgers and their recent team slump and the Seahawks not doing as well as expected.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #503
Give me a forum ...

I think tonight's Pats v Broncos game could be close. Despite no Manning.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #504
Give me a forum ...

The Saints just can't seem to get it together. Drew was sacked twice by JJ and overall the Saints were destroyed by the Houston defense today. How embarrassing it must be for them.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #505
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
If New England wins, they will very likely go 16-0. Go Broncos
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #506
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I don't know about that but I hope you are right. Maybe so if they don't play a lot better than they did last Monday night. I'd love to see the Pats taken down a notch or two.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #507
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
I don't know about that but I hope you are right. Maybe so if they don't play a lot better than they did last Monday night. I'd love to see the Pats taken down a notch or two.
For me, it's not so much about taking down the Pats but that Brock guy at Denver looked pretty good last week.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #508

It seems that the Steelers' head coach, Mike Tomlin really isn't as dumb as I thought (actually, he is, but I was trying to be nice. Couldn't do it). In today's game, it seems Coach Tomlin decided that the Steelers needed an immediate interception to slow down his team's momentum. So, he replaces Big Ben and goes to Old Dependable Landry Jones who comes in for a trick play and instantly gives his coach that much-needed interception by throwing a weak pass across the field. Coach Tomlin knows that he can count on Landry every time. But, really, even though Landry delivered like he has all season, most the credit should go to Tomlin.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #509

Tomlin just flat out sucks. That was one of the stupidest times in history to fake a FG in the first quarter of the Pittsburgh / Seattle game. Not too mention the fact that they threw the ball 20 yards down field to a 6'9" 350 pound lineman. Odds are probably 60%+ that he drops it even if hes wide open.

How about this: Pittsburgh traded for CB Brandon Boykin during the preseason. He was rated the number 1 slot CB in the league. He hasnt played a single game. The defensive coordinator was asked why last week. He said the pass defense is just too good to fit him in. The Steeler pass defense was ranked 28th out of 32 teams BEFORE this last game where Russell Wilson threw for 5 TDs. WTF?
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #510
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
The Saints just can't seem to get it together. Drew was sacked twice by JJ and overall the Saints were destroyed by the Houston defense today. How embarrassing it must be for them.

There have been a lot of teams embarrassed by the Texans defense the past month or so... The pressure up front and the coverage in back has been nothing but stifling...A very clinical dismissal of a good offensive team. I had a feeling this team had more to give than the 2-5 start indicated. They are actually 5-2 in games Mallet head didn't start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #511
Give me a forum ...

Now there's just one undefeated team left. I smelled upset in Denver with that Brock guy. He's too raw to know any better than what the odds said.

The refs didn't do the Pats any favors with the ticky tacky holding call late in regulation.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #512
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Tomlin just flat out sucks. That was one of the stupidest times in history to fake a FG in the first quarter of the Pittsburgh / Seattle game. Not too mention the fact that they threw the ball 20 yards down field to a 6'9" 350 pound lineman. Odds are probably 60%+ that he drops it even if hes wide open. ....
I was thinking the same thing. I don't get why you call that play in that situation. I can't blame Pete Carroll for that one.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #513
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Now there's just one undefeated team left. I smelled upset in Denver with that Brock guy. He's too raw to know any better than what the odds said.

The refs didn't do the Pats any favors with the ticky tacky holding call late in regulation.
Yes, that and the interference penalty on Gronk. The worst part of the whole night wasn't the loss... it is what happens with Gronk. At least this takes the undefeated monkey off their backs.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #514
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Yes, that and the interference penalty on Gronk. The worst part of the whole night wasn't the loss... it is what happens with Gronk. At least this takes the undefeated monkey off their backs.
+1, on all counts. They didn't play very well in the second half, other than Gostkowski. The Pats have lost so many players to injury now, it would be a miracle if this is a memorable year in the end.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:22 AM   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
+1, on all counts. They didn't play very well in the second half, other than Gostkowski. The Pats have lost so many players to injury now, it would be a miracle if this is a memorable year in the end.
Denver played better and won the turnover battle and they deserve to win. Their QB took a few good hits but delivered in the end.

The injuries have finally caught up to them but I still think they will be a tough out in the AFC if they get a couple of players back like Amendola and Edelman on offense and Jaime Collins and Hightower on defense.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 AM   #516

Quote:
I hate to criticize the officiating in this game when it has been bad throughout the league and every team has been a victim of bad calls.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:07 AM   #517
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
I hate to criticize the officiating in this game when it has been bad throughout the league and every team has been a victim of bad calls.
+1 about the officiating bad throughout the league.

Denver capitalized on the miscue turnover and big play Brock did have some very nice throws to win the game. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Yet, I just didn't see any offensive holding on that call against the Pats. Collinsworth commented that the call changed the complexion of the game.

After Thanksgiving's Bears/Packers game, I was talking to a brother (diehard Packers fan). In his opinion, he said, the 4th and goal pass that Rodgers threw that missed and sealed the game for the Bears, my brother said, there should have been pass interference. My view is, there was some touching going on, but you (a ref) can't throw a flag then at that moment when they weren't calling that all through the game. Of course, he saw the game through a Packers' fans eyes and me as a Bear fan.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 AM   #518

I hope everyone who is a pure fan of football enjoyed watching Peyton Manning's career because I dont see any way he plays again (barring injury to Osweiler).
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #519
Give me a forum ...

It was very unsettling to see Gronk writhing on the field when his injury occurred. That was worse (in my mind) than the overall game defeat by Denver.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #520
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
I hope everyone who is a pure fan of football enjoyed watching Peyton Manning's career because I dont see any way he plays again (barring injury to Osweiler).
Well, at least he wasn't Wally Pipp'ed. It's not like he just got hurt and his replacement was better. Peyton (in hindsight, obviously) should never have come back after the neck injury. Luckily, in a few years everybody will have forgotten about the ignominious end of his career, and will just remember him as a great QB.