Divorce on paper ??

I really got confused with all the religion thrown in....... I was just looking to reduce the amount we spend on Health Care Insurance and the deductible......

I have an appointment set to see a dr again, hopeful they can give me an estimate of what this will cost :(
Yeah. Think thread went off track.

Bottom line: won't help you for up to 5 yrs and the dx (diagnosis) is scary when 1st received but you could have clear margins (1× tx), short term targeted tx, or need full blown tx (it's Basal and not squamous right?)

Breathe, have that pint ...

The 1st time I was told I had CA, I had a meltdown. Last times I just have mine cut out and then I'm only concerned about margins.

Clear = means they got it all & I'm done
Questionable or not = needed chemo / radiation

Basal & melanoma were always clear
Squamous needed targeted radiation

Last edited:
I really got confused with all the religion thrown in....... I was just looking to reduce the amount we spend on Health Care Insurance and the deductible......

I have an appointment set to see a dr again, hopeful they can give me an estimate of what this will cost :(

We're always on topic here! :rolleyes:

As others have said, there are likely issues with clawback, maybe fraud, etc., though I'm no lawyer. Sounds complicated...

Best of luck with your diagnosis/prognosis!

I just think the game plan should be to cut it out ASAP b4 it has a chance to metastasize irrespective of the cost . I push for less than 2 wks delay and win. They waited 3 months on my sister and it jumped from inexpensive stage 1 to expensive (cost / inconvenience / uncomfortable) stage 4

JMHO

Last edited:
How about moving assets to whoever's name and file Married fileting separately? Would that help? I do not know as I have not researched it, how would that work for ACA (MAGI) purposes?

Never mind I Googled it, you cannot, it is based on Household Income Regardless.

Last edited:
If there was a situation that could significantly threaten our financial position/well beign, remedy it, or significantly enhance it, simply by either divorcing or not marrying we would certainly go that route.

We been happily married of 42years...so long that I have to do the math sometimes. That commitment we made to each other far transcends, for us, any civil or religious ceremony.

Fortunately where we live health costs are not a threat to our financial well being or asset base. There are people though who, in their senior years, have made the choice not to marry simply because as two singles they receive increased social benefits. When you are elderly, have few resources, and are living carefully this is a big consideration.

Back
Top Bottom