Roll out of new Full View on Fidelity

+1

BTW, today I got a notice when signing into FV, and it included “improved data security” as one of the reasons for the update. Perhaps this is the real reason; not very reassuring.

Yeah not reassuring at all!!!:facepalm:

It will never cease to amaze me how much time and effort is expended changing already-working software. Too often new is not better, merely different, and sometimes it's worse.
++

I've had developers tell me they wanted to rewrite entire systems or major components. I'd always listen to "why it needs redeveloped". Most times it was a developer admitting they didn't understand the existing code. I was mentored by really smart people and knew what happened if I allowed the ignorance to be coddled.

There are times when you have no choice; like redeploying an existing application to a new platform. Perhaps fido is replacing a legacy app with a newer web based application? It would be reasonable to expect the code for a new architecture will introduce new bugs.

What I was told by one Fidelity rep was that the reason they modified the system was to improve the "performance" tab; I don't see any improvement there but I wish they hadn't ruined the rest of the site. At least the Analysis tab is now working for me as is the ability to recreate the old investments tab under Full View (I just have to manually change the settings each time). I will see next Saturday if they have fixed the pull from Net-benefits to get my monthly dividend income correct.

I hate to think of the thousands of customer service and tech support man-hours wasted having to work with each of their customers; to date, no snail mail (or even email) acknowledging issues and informing of their plans to fix the site.

Marc

I just use Mint and Personal Capital to track my performance and overall net worth. I don’t like the upgrades since my credit cards and outside accounts won’t update. Just wish Fideity would test an upgrade before rolling it out!

I just use Mint and Personal Capital to track my performance and overall net worth. I don’t like the upgrades since my credit cards and outside accounts won’t update. Just wish Fideity would test an upgrade before rolling it out!
New MegaCorp CIO admonished us to get it out the door fast and will fix the problems later. he is paid on beating deadlines it appears. New executives always resulted in layoffs and multiple new software implementations where I was at recenty. Both aiming to increase "productivity" and reduce costs. Many wasteful re-writes on new frameworks, too. Most smaller re-writes never go live, or are never broadly adopted and die off. Also witnessed tens of millions lost in "shelfware" purchased but never implemented over a long Information Technology career. But great news...my son plans on majoring in Computer Science, where starting saleries with a Bachelor of Science Now exceed $100,000 in many cases, and labor shortages always prevail. I told him to fire by 40!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom