R.I.P. Roy Clark

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
1933-2018
A big part of my life. Never missed a show.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Hee_Haw

An inspiration, for fun and talent. Turned me from the ukelele to the guitar. Everything stopped and the whole family watched when Hee-Haw came on on Saturday night. 26 seasons.
Still in syndication on RFD-TV.

Last edited:
A favorite of mine. Wish I had the opportunity to see him perform. Such a loss ��.

He was a much better guitar player than many knew. He had a nice voice also. A great entertainer.

He and Buck are pickin' and grinnin' somewhere up yonder again.

He was a much better guitar player than many knew. He had a nice voice also. A great entertainer.

He and Buck are pickin' and grinnin' somewhere up yonder again.

He also owned/flied a Piper Tripacer. I too would have loved to see him perform, but that's one on the bucket list that won't get crossed off. :blush:

Saddened to hear this today.

He was a much better guitar player than many knew. He had a nice voice also. A great entertainer. ...

Yes, because of the Hee-Haw 'schtick', I don't think a lot of people took him as seriously as they should have.

He was a master, on just about any style, country picking of course, but he could rock, play jazz, and classical. Here's a fun video for some insight/respect:

-ERD50

Could Roy ever play the guitar. His fingers were so fast on the chords they were a blur. What a talented musician.

HeeHaw fans will understand this.

Many years ago, I knew a guy who said that he saw a heavyset man walking in front of him dressed in farm overalls and ball cap. Being somewhat of a smarta$$, he yelled out "BR549". The fellow in front of him dressed in the overalls turned around and that's what he had written (BR549) on his ball cap.

Never found out if it was really Junior Samples.

Last edited:
I often sing “Yesterday when I was young” as I go about my farmette and home chores. I lived outside Nashville for a few years and the HeeHaw cast could be seen, just out and about.
Roy was indeed a fantastic musician. RIP

HeeHaw fans will understand this.

Many years ago, I knew a guy who said that he saw a heavyset man walking in front of him dressed in farm overalls and ball cap. Being somewhat of a smarta$$, he yelled out "BR549". The fellow in front of him dressed in the overalls turned around and that's what he had written (BR549) on his ball cap.

Never found out if it was really Junior Samples.

That's cool story. I see that Junior died on Nov 13, 1983...almost 35 years to the day that Clark died.

"gloom, despair, and agony on me...deep, dark depression excessive misery...if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all..."

Yeah, yesterday when I was young is a classic. Unfortunately, it was a lot longer than yesterday when I was young.:)

Back
Top Bottom