2019 Rugby World Cup

Koogie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone watching ?

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/?lang=en

With it being in Japan I definitely won't be watching any games live. I did catch half of the Scotland/Ireland game today. The Scots were well outclassed I thought.

Canada have zero chance in Pool B. Effectively a pool of death.

My "other" team is Wales in Pool D. Baring any upsets I don't think they'll have to hard of a time getting out of the first round.

Nah, they don't need the help !! :angel::LOL:

Wales won their first match against an overmatched Georgia.

Canada's first match is Thursday as is the US. The US having the tougher draw against England.

Huge ALL BLACKS fan. Watched the last world cup in New Zealand right after DW retired. What a blast that was!!!! Those Kiwis love their Rugby. Would like to see Wales or Springbucks do well this year. But can only have one winner.

My favorite team sport is futbol (soccer) and I don't have much knowledge about rugby - but it is an entertaining game to watch.

It seems to me that rugby players in particular have a collective respect for the game that is too often lacking at the higher levels of futbol. In rugby, there appears to be little in the way of players engaging in the theatrical simulation of fouls nor do players who end up getting nicked fall on the ground and writhe about as if they were shot. Professional soccer players need to take note of how to play a man's game like the ruggers!

DW & I have close friends of ours - Kiwis, that live in New Zealand. On a 3 month visit there several years ago I had the opportunity to personally meet a former All Blacks player. The All Blacks seem to have a tradition of not only excellence, but humility as well and I was impressed with their show of respect in bowing to their Japanese fans.

Back
Top Bottom