2028 Summer Games in Los Angeles

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
The IOC announced Los Angeles will host the [-]2024[/-] 2028 Summer Olympic Games. They changed the bidding process, awarded the two finalists one game each, so the [-]2028[/-] 2024 SOG will be held in Paris. They also increased the revenue they will share with the host city and will allow them to sell domestic sponsorships. This should make it a bit easier for LA to break even on the event.

More here Olympics - Los Angeles agrees to host 2028 Summer Games

Last edited:
the ioc announced los angeles will host the 2024 summer olympic games. They changed the bidding process, awarded the two finalists one game each, so the 2028 sog will be held in paris. They also increased the revenue they will share with the host city and will allow them to sell domestic sponsorships. This should make it a bit easier for la to break even on the event.

More here olympics - los angeles agrees to host 2028 summer games

2024 <-> 2028

I'm hoping to attend some events, or maybe volunteer. Last time LA had the Olympics I was in college and had a summer job in Northern California so I missed everything. My friends who stayed at UCSB worked in food service for the US track team's pre-games training camp and in the Olympic village for the rowing events.

We tried to go to the London games a few years ago by entering the official ticket lottery, but the only event we were chosen for was a half-day of fencing, so it wasn't worth it.

I'm hoping to attend some events, or maybe volunteer. Last time LA had the Olympics I was in college and had a summer job in Northern California so I missed everything. My friends who stayed at UCSB worked in food service for the US track team's pre-games training camp and in the Olympic village for the rowing events.

I lived in the LA area during 84 Olympics. There was a lot of concern prior to the games that the normally slow moving LA freeways would become gridlocked during the games. They begged people to stay off the freeways and carpool when possible and it seemed to actually work. There was a lot less traffic than normal on the freeways and the games went fairly smooth. The 84 events were spread out over a wide area into adjacent counties, as I recall they even had some events in the San Diego area.

Lol, Thank you, I have 11 years to plan if I want to go. I wonder if motel 6 is taking reservations this early. I can maybe lock in 2017 prices, and sublet the room later. Maybe Ill post the vacancy on the telescope crowd websites and say there will be great night time views of the moon, I hear they drive up hotel prices.

Back
Top Bottom