25 Things Chefs Never Tell You

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
25 things chefs never tell you | Yahoo! Green

Only 13% of chefs have seen a cook do unsavory things to a customer’s food.
The most unbelievable tale: “Someone once ran a steak through a dishwasher after the diner sent it back twice. Ironically, the customer was happy with it then.”

:eek:

25 things chefs never tell you | Yahoo! Green

Only 13% of chefs have seen a cook do unsavory things to a customer’s food.
The most unbelievable tale: “Someone once ran a steak through a dishwasher after the diner sent it back twice. Ironically, the customer was happy with it then.”

:eek:

While I think anyone caught doctoring food should be jailed, it's hardly a wonder given the way some customers behave.

Back in the late 90s, I worked part-time at a major office supply retailer. I had many customers who were rude, condescending, all-knowing, and usually uninformed. More than once, a customer handed me their shopping list, apparently expecting me to "go fetch". As if...

The worst I ever saw directly involved an unruly customer at a pizza establishment where I was employed, who received, shall we say, extra jalapeno juice in their pizza sauce. I was an innocent bystander... :whistle:

Wasn't there a dishwasher cook book somewhere? I seem to recall that fish in tinfoil goes very well.

Ever watched Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares? My toilets are cleaner than some of these restaurant kitchens...:sick:

Good read thanks! We're foodies and I worked in restaurants during my college years, so none of it surprised me much (some of it I have seen, like the 5 second rule). And “I want something I can’t make myself [or won't because it's too much trouble] is usually what I'm thinking when I order in a restaurant too. Why pay someone to make something I can easily make for myself, isn't that counter LBYM anyway? :cool:

I have stories.............:)

I have stories.............:)

do tell.

i just zipped the article over to my wife. i was going to propose we go eat at the olive garden tomorrow night b/c i have a big ride saturday, but i might just make some spaghetti at home now.

I think a good way to stay on a diet is to take a look into the kitchen of any restaurant you frequent before you order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom