48th Anniversary Apollo 11 Moon Landing

My brother was a NASA scientist whose lab was at NASA's Apollo Lunar Receiving Lab building in Houston. He helped set up the lunar materials analysis lab for the Apollo missions. He even learned how to blow glass to make his own specialized test tubes. When he retired after over 40 years with NASA, he was one of the last remaining Apollo-era scientists. Before he left, he was interviewed about Apollo's quarantine procedures for the benefit of future missions to Mars. I remember visiting his NASA lab during Apollo when I was a kid. I wish now I had paid more attention.

Some random guy on Facebook says it's all fake... [emoji12]

That's the spin from the Kremlin's red army trolls on Pravda.ru

It's part of a larger effort to destroy the legacy of the old world order, rewrite history and usher in a "brave new world." I hope I'm gone from the planet before that final phase.

Was lying on living room floor of my then girlfriend's girlfriend's house watching in B&W. The three of us are still together.

It's part of a larger effort to destroy the legacy of the old world order, rewrite history and usher in a "brave new world."

We are fortunate you showed up here again . just . in . time . to warn us.

It's part of a larger effort to destroy the legacy of the old world order, rewrite history and usher in a "brave new world." I hope I'm gone from the planet before that final phase.

I'd prefer bots or trolls, rather than accepting that people actually think the moon landing was faked, or that the earth is flat...

It doesn't matter how many times I watch that landing. It still gives me the same goosebumps as the first time watching it live.

I'll never forget Dad bracing his camera on a footstool to take a picture of the TV. Those were the days.

It was a really big event.
We got our flashlights, crossed the lake in a boat, walked up to the local dive hotel and watched it on the B&W tv.

As we crossed back over the lake when it was over, I remember looking up at the moon in the starry night, amazed that humans were there.

Back
Top Bottom