Advice for Selling our Nissan Leaf?

Can someone give me an example of what might happen if someone sees your address at the time the ad is placed?
Some people will just show up uninvited. Likely that they are just thoughtless, but it is creepy, especially if you live in a rural location like I do.

I sold a car on Craigslist and the ad showed the general neighborhood. I had a couple of people interested and set up times for them to come. I went out to get the mail and a car with an older couple stopped in front of the house and asked if that was the car on Craigslist. Yes, are you John, I thought you were coming later? Nope, I’m not John, but we were checking garage sales in the neighborhood and recognized the car from your pictures. Do you have time for us to take a look? Sure!

Nice guy, he took a test drive and tried to negotiate the price. I stuck to my advertised price because I had 2 more people coming to look. SOLD for cash within 90 minutes (including notarization at the bank) and we even delivered it to him so he would not have to hassle with the plates.

Last edited:
The used car dealer has it listed for $12,000, which seems reasonable. He fixed up some dents, etc.

hoNQvwr.png

Back
Top Bottom