AFIB is a Progressive Disease

RonBoyd not trying to change your mind about warfarin, I see that you're pleased with it. To add to the discussion, anyone who is interested in Eliquis and has commercial insurance can go to the manufacturer's website and create a discount card. The manufacturers card means the bearer pays a maximum of $30/ mo for Eliquis. Some here may find the safety profile of Eliquis (Apixaban) preferable to other anticoagulants available. I've been on Eliquis for 5 years with no issues, appreciate the convenience of not needing INR tests, and a lower bleeding risk for me than warfarin or Xarelto (per my cardiologist and hematologist)... for $30/month.

Thank you all for sharing info here, I find it helpful to hear your stories and then consult with my physicians about my circumstances.

Cayman, I did not qualify for the “savings card” from Eliquis due to being on a Medicare Part D plan.
Yes, it hurt when I had to pay about $380 for my first 3 month supply since I started Medicare in August. I used to pay about $90 under my prior employer health plan.

I find it a small price to pay for the protection (and convenience) of Eliquis to prevent a stroke due to aFib.

Back
Top Bottom