AI images of personification of US states

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I saw this a few days ago on X. Some are good. A lot are interchangeable and the most off the mark IMHO is Utah.

Last edited:
That was interesting. Of the states I know, most images look like typical middle class residents with the exception of Indiana - way too flattering. A few were not flattering at all, not just FL.

Geezuz. I sprained an eyeball rolling my eyes. Very artificial. Not much intelligence. Utah? He'd be run outta the state on something unpleasant. I used to live there.

Also, that same middle aged lady and her daughters and grandmother. There's a difference between "intelligent" and "creative."

I honestly found it stereotypically offensive[MOD EDIT]. I should have stopped reading when Delaware was spelled "Deleware".

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly found it stereotypically offensive[MOD EDIT]. I should have stopped reading when Delaware was spelled "Deleware".
It's another poor idea in a world clamoring for our clicks. I only looked at a few states, and the AI images were un-impressive.

A few were interesting (had to check FL! HAHAHA) but quickly lost interest -more fun clickbait out there and I have better uses for my time.

I can’t say for certain this is legit because the source isn’t named, but here is an article showing AI generated images of people personifying individual US states. Florida is [-]spot on[/-] interesting. Most do seem to capture specific state stereotypes.

https://www.dailybee.com/en/generat...one&abtv=072b0948-63ec-4ed5-b226-982a92b04918

See bold above:

So, if these are truly AI generated, it seems to me that it just proves that a lot of AI simply mimics the biases of the programmer.

But if truly AI, would they not all have the same style? Why are so many a take off on American Gothic, but the ones that seem to really stereotype only have one person?

Hmmm.

Seems like they go out of their way to reinforce stereotypes. Many are borderline offensive, and IMO a few cross that line.

I found it interesting, got a few laughs.

Back
Top Bottom