AI to cut White Collar Jobs

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
The article looks at the projected loss of white collar jobs...

https://www.axios.com/ai-white-collar-workers-jobs-8384884a-f2e9-4633-91ee-ae90445f91be.html

While robots upend blue-collar factory work and trucking in the middle of the country, AI and machine learning are poised to deeply alter white-collar jobs in superstar coastal cities.

Why it matters: No one is immune to the shockwave of automation in the workplace.

"AI will be as central to the white-collar office environment as robotics has been to the production economy," said Mark Muro, senior fellow and policy director of the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution. "They'll fundamentally change what work is and what humans do. And no one gets a free pass."

:cool: When I was in school, we studied the Industrial Revolution.

One day we will defeat these machines.
��️

I would have loved to have had a robot in my place dealing with the 4 union reps in the manufacturing plant I ran, especially in grievance meetings, or union contract negotiations. :LOL:

"Mark Muro, senior fellow and policy director of the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution."

This guy's job depends on people being concerned enough about something that they will hire him to study the problem and recommend fixes. His education is in English and American Literature. He has never held an actual job; just titles like "policy analyst." Not someone I would immediately go to for an understanding of the real world or anything in it.

I do like LinkedIn. It makes it much easier to identify guys like this.

"AI will be as central to the white-collar office environment as robotics has been to the production economy," said Mark Muro, senior fellow and policy director of the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution. "They'll fundamentally change what work is and what humans do. And no one gets a free pass."

Clickbait...What about you Mark?:D

The new Mazda-Toyota factory is under construction west of Huntsville, AL, and they expect to have approximately 4,000 workers upon completion. Such a large factory will have over 200 robots of some sort, and numerous workers will be required to take care of just one robot. One reason that the factory's coming here is because the local community college invested in a huge robot training curriculum and training facility.

Now we need more people move into the area to go to school for robotics, because there are not enough trained people to staff Mazda-Toyota's factory. Nissan, GM, Honda and Mercedes factories are within 100 miles, and they've already employed all the trained robotic personnel.

Back
Top Bottom