Aloha from the Gathering Place

I don't live there, but based on the many times we have visited, I would choose Kailua-Kona also.

...I live in Honolulu...Only main issue is traffic. You learn how to adapt to it.YMMV.
I've lived in Makiki (6 years), Waikele (10 years), and Kaneohe (5 years), as well as Kihei, Maui (5 years). I commuted from Kaneohe to Halawa Valley for 5 years, and from Waikele to downtown for 10 years. I commuted from the North Shore to downtown for a couple of months (talk about a really bad afternoon commute). I also commuted from Makiki to downtown via bicycle for 5 years. I'm pretty much done with traffic, but it wouldn't be too bad once you're retired, and can choose when to drive!

I've lived in Makiki (6 years), Waikele (10 years), and Kaneohe (5 years), as well as Kihei, Maui (5 years). I commuted from Kaneohe to Halawa Valley for 5 years, and from Waikele to downtown for 10 years. I commuted from the North Shore to downtown for a couple of months (talk about a really bad afternoon commute). I also commuted from Makiki to downtown via bicycle for 5 years. I'm pretty much done with traffic, but it wouldn't be too bad once you're retired, and can choose when to drive!

Yeah, I avoid travel during rush hour. I keep my Dr. appts. within the 10 to 2 window when traffic is bearable. I retired before moving to Paradise and very quickly figured out when to be off the roads.

Back
Top Bottom