Anniversary Weekend

Cattusbabe

Full time employment: Posting here.
Yeah, I know it's Memorial day weekend but for me it has been one year since I FIRED. So to my career RIP. DH and I are celebrating by going to a Moroccan restaurant
for a seven course meal and Belly dancing. Rather than drive home snoggered we are spending the night in town. We'll get home Sunday in time for the big family cook out at my folks house.

We even made up a song using the tune "We don't have to take it any more". We changed the words to "We don't have to work here, No we don't have to work here, we don't have to work here any more."
For the second verse we fill in all of the work related BS we don't have to deal with any longer.

On a serious note. My prayers, admiration and heartfelt thanks to all those who serve, have served and have given the last full measure to keep this nation strong, safe and the land of opportunity.

On a serious note. My prayers, admiration and heartfelt thanks to all those who serve, have served and have given the last full measure to keep this nation strong, safe and the land of opportunity.

Amen to that...let's pray that our troops all return safely home soon!

Oh, and congrats on that first anniversary!

All around agreement here. My thanks to the men and women who have served/are serving this nation. Congrats on the anniversary, by the way. Maybe someday I will be able to join that club!

Congratulations on your anniversary from working for a living. :cool:

You have earned the right to enjoy yourselves. Live it up!

I agree with your sentiment on our troops serving in the various duty stations around the world. Regardless of political idealogies, they deserve our respect and our prayers for a healthy and safe return to their familes and friends. For those that pay the ultimate price for their service and duty; they have my eternal gratitude.

. . . We even made up a song using the tune "We don't have to take it any more". We changed the words to "We don't have to work here, No we don't have to work here, we don't have to work here any more."
For the second verse we fill in all of the work related BS we don't have to deal with any longer. . .
So far, I really like this song, so don't get shy now. We want to hear all the lyrics.
:D

Congratulations on making it thru your first year of retirement. BTW have you ever been tempted to venture back into the working world? (j/k).

I'm not a believer in the war, but I hope that all the troops from throughout the world safely go home to their families in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom