Another Vanguard Rant

What's terrible about it ? I remember an old friend who really regretted divorcing his wife. As he aged he opened a joint account with the ex,without even telling her. He dies, his brother finds the account and tries to get the money from EverBank...claims brother forgot to remove ex wife from account..uh no because it was opened after the divorce. Brother finally tells ex about the money and offers to split it with her. Ex calls EverBank and even though she is listed on the account EverBank says get a lawyer because someone already disputes ownership.. So yes crap happens
That's interesting. I don't understand Vanguard's reasons but from what I can tell this applies to new beneficiary designations and not to existing joint accounts.

I was surprised to see how the PA statute divides joint accounts when there are more than 2 parties. Of course, being able to Google doesn't make me a lawyer and Vanguard likely has more insight than random folks on the internet.

link

I think if I wanted a hot dog, rather than getting angry that McDonalds doesn't serve them I would just go elsewhere. That's just me.

If only switching investment companies was as trivial and uneventful as going somewhere else for a hot dog.

Just saying.
It's not hard to switch. Can you explain why someone would post dozens of times about not liking Vanguard's beneficiary policy for joint accounts rather than just moving on?

Back
Top Bottom