Any One Have Any Thoughts on CAT

If the infrastructure program goes then all construction type businesses will improve .

I sold some yesterday at $98.3 and made good profit .... results due out today and pre-market already showing $99 + ... all seems mad to me. Clearly others think differently !

It's as if you were in a bait store, and someone announced that the price of Caterpillars is now higher. Everyone in the store runs to the Caterpillar aisle to buy more.

One person's bait is another's sushi I guess. Sorry to have missed out on this since I sold at 95.

I’d like updated opinions on cat. I’m holding quite a bit - and am uncomfortable with it being too big a piece of my pie. I think it’s time to trim my cat stock down.

CAT. It's no dog.

One of my first stocks, bought in 1986 for about (split adjusted) $4.75.

My thought is that I'm glad I held through that dreadful 2015 and now am reaping some of the rewards.

I am a Cat retiree. I sold half my Cat stock a couple weeks ago. Last year I also sold half. I just can't seem to let it all go......

I’d like updated opinions on cat. I’m holding quite a bit - and am uncomfortable with it being too big a piece of my pie. I think it’s time to trim my cat stock down.

If it's time to rebalance/trim, this may be an excellent time. We've held this company since 1994 and are planning a small trim, too.

Yesterday was "unusual" ... good set of results , Share price goes up about 4% (approx) .. then a few hours later ... DOWN about 11% (from the high) !!. Heck of a change in a few hours. Don't think I have ever seen that before ?

Yesterday was "unusual" ... good set of results , Share price goes up about 4% (approx) .. then a few hours later ... DOWN about 11% (from the high) !!. Heck of a change in a few hours. Don't think I have ever seen that before ?

Watching an analyst gush over CATs earnings pre-opening when indication was up 5%, "everything's great, the world is in recovery". She probably was on the evening shows explaining why when everything's great, it can't get better, and so, of course, the stock plunged.

I've owned CAT for almost 40 years, so I gotta laugh to keep from crying.

On the conference call the CFO said the EPS for the quarter was "the high water mark" for the year and for some reason it spooked everyone. However, look at the quarterly estimates - that was already known in a big way. It was a big overreaction in the shares. That doesn't mean that folks won't re-evaluate and consider if the valuation is just. Expect the volatility to continue with the market. It could be a good time to pick up a few shares.

Back
Top Bottom