Anyone else getting subscription exhausted?

Chat for SiriusXM doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC using two different browsers (Firefox and Vivaldi). What you see as a blue Chat Now button I see as gray and not active. I disabled all addons by going into safe/troubleshoot mode. Still a no-go.

Try Brave. It usually will work on pages that other browsers won't.

Chat for SiriusXM doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC using two different browsers (Firefox and Vivaldi). What you see as a blue Chat Now button I see as gray and not active. I disabled all addons by going into safe/troubleshoot mode. Still a no-go.

I'm using Firefox on Win 10. I have the DuckDuckGo privacy add-on, nothing else.

If you get a failure on all browsers with clean caches, then you are looking at some issue with your route. Perhaps a rule in your router. XM is not rebuffing you intentionally.

BTW: I read your post at about 6:30am this morning and my box was gray. It went blue right on time.

Still no clue as to why I can't reach SiriusXM's chat, whether logged into my SiriusXM account or not. Clearing cache and cookies (the latter is a pain) didn't fix the problem. Going into troubleshooting mode in Firefox, which doesn't load any of my addons, didn't fix the problem.

Turning off my virus scanner in conjunction with troubleshooting mode didn't fix the problem. I have no rules or blocks set in my router. I can access my SiriusXM account without an issue, but that chat button remains gray despite my efforts.

I only bring this up again because SiriusXM sent me yet another email trying to prod us into their $6/mo "deal". I really wish I could get someone on chat with them.

Still no clue as to why I can't reach SiriusXM's chat, whether logged into my SiriusXM account or not. Clearing cache and cookies (the latter is a pain) didn't fix the problem. Going into troubleshooting mode in Firefox, which doesn't load any of my addons, didn't fix the problem.

Turning off my virus scanner in conjunction with troubleshooting mode didn't fix the problem. I have no rules or blocks set in my router. I can access my SiriusXM account without an issue, but that chat button remains gray despite my efforts.

I only bring this up again because SiriusXM sent me yet another email trying to prod us into their $6/mo "deal". I really wish I could get someone on chat with them.

I mentioned before it could be a route or firewall rule.

I suggest you reboot, or unplug, then replug, your router, modem, switch, etc.

I mentioned before it could be a route or firewall rule.

I suggest you reboot, or unplug, then replug, your router, modem, switch, etc.
I've checked everything. The router has been rebooted twice. PC is connected via Ethernet, so no Wi-Fi issues (Wi-Fi adapter in the PC is always disabled). My PC gets rebooted at least once a day. I turned off the firewall. Using troubleshoot mode removes all addons. I can't get Firefox any more stripped than that.

Edit: I've somehow gotten through to chat, and I'm not sure why or how. uBlock Origin is turned off for Siriusxm.com, but I am not in troubleshoot mode, which disables all addons. Strange.

Last edited:
I have stopped clicking on the 3-year/$99 link so that they (re: Sirius XM) can't track my interest in their service. I think what is happening is each attempt at the 3-year deal places the $6/mo offer in a cart. The emails we have been receiving in the past three weeks indicate something along the lines of "needing to complete my order".
Well, that didn't stop the emails, nor the USPS mailers. We've received two more mailers since my post above two weeks ago. And five more emails. At least no phone calls. I thought I would throw the latter out there in order to jinx it and get a call today! :rolleyes:

My Chat session with them a week ago didn't budge the offer.

And here I was expecting to see her in a wheel chair - being pushed off a cliff. Imagine my disappointment.

Don't know about MAX but agree "too many subscriptions" for too many people. We are not those people though we do have cable (which is included in HOA dues - but outrageous on the mainland for our time there.) YMMV

Never had a subscription. It’s already free on so many platforms.

Yeah, like this one, thank goodness.

Imagine a bunch of tightwads like us being "asked" to pony up a couple of bucks a month. How many ways can I say it?

Sayonara, auf wiedersehen, au revoir, vaya con Dios, caio, shalom, salem...

goodbye!:cool:

Yeah, I mean for a group that recycles dryer sheets, no way should one stand for a few bucks a month!

In all seriousness, I have jettisoned a few streaming services. I jettisoned all print subscriptions. My favorite Popular Mechanics shrunk down to the size of a Reader's Digest, and dropped two months. Goodbye.

Yesterday, I got exhausted playing the Hulu game. I canceled one subscription and used another email to get the el ceapo special deal. With the looming hole in good TV due to all the strikes, we'll probably drop it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom