Ashwagandha

cbo111

Full time employment: Posting here.
I've been reading about the use of Ashwagandha, the medicinal herb from India. Supposed to do lots of great things, like lower blood pressure, help treat diabetes, improve sleep, etc. Funny thing, one article says it's been around since at least 2000BC. Another article (in WebMD of all things), says there is some early evidence that Ashwagandha affects the immune system and reduces inflammation. Inflammation seems to be the current link to most of our human miseries. But the author states that any findings are very early in the study of this herb. Gee, it's not like they didn't have the past 2,000 years to study it!
Anybody have direct feedback using this stuff, or can cite any relevant studies I might peruse.

IMO trying to be your own doctor is unwise, even as a hobby.

I got a bottle and started trying it 2 weeks ago. I don't really notice anything yet. It didn't help immediately for sleep (which was my main motivation), although I'm doing better now. I'll use it up and then see if there are any reverse effects.

I tried it a couple of years ago and didn't notice anything positive. It got weird after a couple of weeks, so I stopped. A few of those herbal remedies have really strange, wild side effects on me.

I looked into it a while back and found it was contraindicated for people who are hyperthyroid (which I am), so I stopped thinking about it at that point.

Back
Top Bottom