Ask for cash back from Amazon card

I will also check out using rewards toward gift cards. Look for ones that go $45 for a $50 or rarely will find $25 for $20.

Is there any benefit to using the Amazon Chase card over the (Synchrony Bank) Amazon "Store" card? I think I have both, because they were each offering sign-up bonuses. I'm a sucker for free money. Anyway, it's easy enough to sign up, then just set it and forget it.

I have both also (got the Store card before the Chase card came out). There are 3 reasons I now only use the Chase card.

1. I also get 5% off at the Whole Foods that is less than 5 minutes from my house. I don't go there often but I do get the discount there. Also there are discounts for prime members.

2. The Chase card functions as a normal Visa card so I can use it anywhere (with no discounts) where I need to use a Visa card such as this last week when I bought something at Costco.

3. I regularly go to the Chase web page and find that interface faster and easier to use than the one for the store card.

If you have had the chase card long enough you will recall "shop with points" didn't always exist so I have always asked for statement credits.

Would someone kindly explain exactly HOW to apply my Amazon cash back as a statement credit??

I don't see this option on my bill for my Amazon Prime Rewards card purchases.

Would someone kindly explain exactly HOW to apply my Amazon cash back as a statement credit??

I gave step-by-step instructions in post #13 in this thread.

You can call them & ask them to do it for you.

I gave step-by-step instructions in post #13 in this thread.

Thank you Cathy! I've been following this thread closely & should have re-read it to find your excellent instructions. I'm eager to take advantage of this when it's time to pay my next bill! :)

And thanks to all the wise & generous people here.

I don't get it

I use my Amazon Chase card when I buy from Amazon, if I buy say $2000 a year in merchandise from Amazon, that's $100 I can use same as cash at Amazon, right? Is there a better deal? I pay the balance of the card monthly so there is no interest. :ermm:

I use my Amazon Chase card when I buy from Amazon, if I buy say $2000 a year in merchandise from Amazon, that's $100 I can use same as cash at Amazon, right? Is there a better deal? I pay the balance of the card monthly so there is no interest. :ermm:

If I understand this correctly (as someone explained earlier), instead of using that $100 in credits to make a $100 purchase on Amazon (when you'll get the item for free and are left with $0 in credits), you come out ahead if you use the $100 as a credit toward paying your Chase bill & pay $100 for the item with your Amazon Chase card, since you'll then get $5 in credits.

Last edited:
I see, said the blind man.

Ah, now I get it! That's what all the "5% on 5%" talk was about. Sounds like a good idea! It reminded me of the making change scene in "Paper Moon" at first.

And, as someone remarked earlier, the method is applicable to Costco too. Instead of using my Costco rebate check for merchandise, I simply cashed the check and charged all the merchandise. Can't believe this didn't hit me before.

Reminds me of what FIL said of MIL.
"She can squeeze a penny and make a nickel."

Heard that as,
Do you know how copper wire was invented?
Two (insert your favorite ethnicity) were fighting over a penny.
It happened to be my wife's ethnicity, very frugal, it has worked well for us.

Back
Top Bottom