backyard paradise

He sells by word of mouth to small local companies. He has about 3-4 offices that he does most of it for. He could probably expand, but this isn't his main line of work.

Since he's a geek (and admits it) he's does a lot of technology consulting with folks in the mortage/housing industry. He finds out what they need, for example, a kick ass photo copier that does all sorts of fancy stuff. Then he goes out and buys 2 "older" (or off lease) models (usually 3 years old or so) for less than $1000 each, combines them to make one working one still in great condition, and sells it for a profit. The brand new current year model of the machine would sell for about $10-15,000. He also provides them with basic service. They save about 50% on it and he makes 200-300%.

He doesn't sell much on ebay...mostly buys. Often he pays more in freight shipping than for the actual things he's buying.

Since he's a geek (and admits it) he's does a lot of technology consulting with folks in the mortage/housing industry.

Sounds like he's having fun. I'm a self-confessed geek too (although not the computer type). When I get teased, I just tell people I've learned to embrace my inner geek.

Switch to the firefox browser.

Has a permanent little box you can type google queries into.

Also opens all your favorite pages at the same time so you dont have to do all that pesky and laborious clicking.

Sounds like a lazy ER's dream. But I have Google's toolbar right on top of the window here in IE. I understand the other advantages of switching to Firefox include its non-vulnerability to all the Windows worms and viruses.

Too lazy to switch at the moment, though. . .

Anne :)

I'm too lazy to try to talk you into it.

Saw an excellent t-shirt at sams club today:

"I wont work for ANYTHING".
:D

Oh! I think about half of the population here at the early-retirement discussion board "NEEDS" one of those t-shirts!

Fortunately, most everyone here is far too frugal to succumb to that sort of "need."

Most of my t-shirts with goofy sayings are inspirational hockey shirts: "If hockey was easy, they'd call it figure skating."

"Hockey: invented by men, perfected by women."

and the like.

Anne

Hey! How do I get foxfire to open all my favorites at once? That would save me some time while I'm surfing at work :p

Go to Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks

Make a folder

Put all your favorites into that folder

Then when you go into that folder from Bookmarks, look for Open in Tabs at the bottom, click on it and it opens 'em all up.

Back
Top Bottom