Berkshire is down 25% from its March 31 high

No Apple is 42% of Berkshire's investment portfolio. Berkshire's investment portfolio is roughly 1/3 of the value of the company. The majority of the value of Buffett's baby isn't the stock it is the 40 odd companies he owns outright.
Everything from railroad giant BNSF, to Geico insurance, small guys like See's Candy, Dairy Queen and hosts of others.

A couple of days before the bottom of the 2009 market, I wrote post on here detailing why I thought Berkshire was a super safe bet, and was all but certain to be a lot more valuable in a couple of year than it was currently trade for. Berkshire is my largest individual holding

I think Berkshire valuation is starting to get attractive. But, I'm no where near calling a bottom for Berkshire yet.

So what number do you think is the bottom or close enough that you would consider it a buy ?

Apparently not on a diet of See's Candy and Diet Coke like The Oracle.

I went to the annual meeting once, and I was very impressed with how the two of them could keep sipping diet coke through the Q&A without having to go to the bathroom.

I went to the annual meeting once, and I was very impressed with how the two of them could keep sipping diet coke through the Q&A without having to go to the bathroom.
Depends?

So many stocks on sale, so little money... Heh heh heh...

PS. Just logged into my brokerage and looked at the cash balance of our accounts. There were many puts assigned on Friday, but I got too weary to add them up.

The screen said "Pending Activity" totaled -$109,725 for my and my wife's accounts.

I really need to lay off selling put options now. I really mean it this time.

I feel your pain. I have some options I am walking a fine line with over the next few months, ones that looked like easy premiums in my account not too long ago. Might have to buy one or two back at a loss if I don't think the stock will ever do anything significant for me. Best of luck.

^^^^

Several of the put options were for more O&G stocks. They are coming around, and hopefully will make me money.

A down market always creates a buying opportunity for those that have the cash to spend. It is definitely not the time to sell. We all have to ride it out.

Of anyone, the people at Berkshire know how to buy on the dip.

I have an order to buy another block at $260. Not sure that will happen any time soon.

They get really drunk the night before and are super dehydrated :LOL:

For those of you that haven't noticed, Buffett just bought 9.9 million shares of OXY Friday, raising his stake to 17.7%. Berkshire also owns warrants to buy another 83.9 million shares at $5 Billion. I suspect once OXY becomes investment grade, Buffett will go after it in total. He also hold $10 billion in preferreds paying him $10 dividends.

Back
Top Bottom