BrownCO morphing into E-Trade ...

Chris24

Recycles dryer sheets
... is it worth staying with. Not sure if this subject has been discussed yet. I have a Brown & Co account that is being bought out by E-Trade. I have loved BrownCo for it's simplicty, no-hassles and low cost and will miss it. How do those that use E-Trade fair ?

I used BrownCo for an IRA accountthat I would frequently trade in. Not really even sure what E-Trade charges.(? $7 ?) Would appreciate any comments from nayone that uses , or has used E-Trade.

Chris24

I had very bad experience with etrade and feel bad for Brown customers.

Brown was known for much better service, and had much larger avg account size. If etrade just switches them over, there will likely be a mass exodos. Maybe they'll keep some seperation, if they're smart, or do something special for the larger Brown customers.

Would love to see a competitor steal all the Brown customers from Etrade. Like Fidelity lowering their prices close to Brown's, for customers with accounts over 100K or 250K.

Too bad Fidelity charges $75 to buy a mutual fund. Brown, 5 to buy or sell.

yeah, this totally pissed me off. I didn't like E*Trade at all when I had an account with them briefly years ago and I really liked BrownCo.

But then I was worried when JPMorgan bought them too.

Maybe they'll be smart enough to keep it a separate line and not **** with it too much.

Back
Top Bottom