Can't sort data on Fidelity Website for CDs I bought.

Brook2

Recycles dryer sheets
Maybe it's obvious, (I can't find it) but when I look at my positions tab on my fidelity account to see info from CDs -I can't find it. Instead, there are multiple columns of information I have no interest in. They have todays gain, loss, 52 week range, last price - which assumes I'm interested in trading CDs. The whole point I bought them was to keep them full term. It seems the most obvious things they should include is the total amount of accumulate interest, distributions, and the end of the term for each CD in my account. Instead I have to scroll through endless transaction activities in my account or look at term details under the name (no way to sort by term). Isn't there a page where it just shows your total return, when the the term is up, etc without having to dig through the whole list individually?

You can't edit what is displayed in the table.

Go to the Fixed Income Analysis accessed by clicking on any one of your CDs, then click on link to Fixed Income Analysis. You will only see CDs or bonds and can sort by maturity, yield, call date, a whole bunch of stuff. You can also see monthly and yearly cashflow in total or by account.
I use the report all the time to manage a couple hundred fixed income positions.

Last edited:
Go to the Fixed Income Analysis accessed by clicking on any one of your CDs, then click on link to Fixed Income Analysis. You will only see CDs or bonds and can sort by maturity, yield, call date, a whole bunch of stuff. You can also see monthly and yearly cashflow in total or by account.
I use the report all the time to manage a couple hundred fixed income positions.

THIS

Likewise I use the Fido analysis tool to manage over 100 positions. However they have made some changes regarding outside and hypothetical holdings. You can no longer delete or edit these additional holdings. Now I can not simply look at all positions without seeing old outside positions that were sold and hypothetical positions entered prior to purchase. Now I need to manually construct a separate list for my own actual holdings. A useful tool that is now a little less useful.

THANKS - I've been looking for this data layout for a long time. Its somewhat hidden unless you know where to look.

Likewise I use the Fido analysis tool to manage over 100 positions. However they have made some changes regarding outside and hypothetical holdings. You can no longer delete or edit these additional holdings. Now I can not simply look at all positions without seeing old outside positions that were sold and hypothetical positions entered prior to purchase. Now I need to manually construct a separate list for my own actual holdings. A useful tool that is now a little less useful.

I hold all my fixed income at Fidelity so no outside or hypothetical’s. The tool is pretty elegant if you have no outside data added.

I hold all my fixed income at Fidelity so no outside or hypothetical’s. The tool is pretty elegant if you have no outside data added.

Yeah, its a great tool. You just need to be very careful with what additional holdings you add. I set up a new list with all my holdings excluding the sold and hypothetical. Now I just ignore the All Positions list and it works. I also found out that the All Positions list is limited to 500 holdings. I won't be adding any hypothetical holdings in the future.

Last edited:
You can also access the fixed income analysis tool from the opening portfolio page. Click on the "more", then click on "analysis". On the next page, hover over the 'fixed income analysis" and click on "fixed income analysis tool". The cash flow feature is pretty neat too!

Back
Top Bottom