Chrysler check bounced!

Most folks cannot pay their trade off themselves however because they are living check to check.

The only place I ever worked that had a lot of paid off trades was a Cadillac/Buick dealer. Almost everyone with a newer car is upside down, I would say 95% or so..........:nonono:

Sooo... I was out walking today during my 2 hr lunch, and as I walked by the soon to be defunct Dodge dealership, I saw some pretty nice bargains that caught my eye. A whole row of Dodge Journeys, seats 7, best described as a crossover vehicle (not quite SUV, not quite minivan) - red tag in the window with an advertised price a little over $6000 off msrp - somewhere around $16,000 list for the lowest priced one they had on the lot. Similarly good deals on rams, their other smaller pickups, and the caliber. I imagine that is the starting point for negotiations, and you could probably knock a couple thousand off that price.

This was at a multiline place that sells mazda, hyundai, and another one or two I think.

cardude - sorry to hear about your money issue - I do hope you get it someday.

I have a question - I just saw a guy on TV who owned a successful Chrysler dealership say Chrysler is 'moving' his dealership up the road to be combined with another one - he said he had been in business over 59 years and been successful. How can Chrysler dictate this? It reads as though you actually own the business - so it should be your decision as to whether or not you close or 'combine.' Is there something in the contract with Chrysler that allows this?

I had that newscast recorded and saw it this weekend....

NO, he is lying... they are not 'moving' his dealership down the road.. they are not going to let him be a dealer and because of this, the guy with a dealership down the road will likely pick up business that he otherwise would not get... but there is no way they can force the guy to give up his business.... (this is my opininon..)

Update: I drove by the local Dodge dealership that is losing its franchise. The lot was almost empty today. Just last week it was fairly full. They either sold some cars at a steep discount or sold them to another dealer.

Update: I drove by the local Dodge dealership that is losing its franchise. The lot was almost empty today. Just last week it was fairly full. They either sold some cars at a steep discount or sold them to another dealer.
Yep.

Only one Dodge dealership was given the axe here. They started TV ads last night saying they were offering big time discounts (whatever that means in the car bidness :cool:) since they would have to sell any remaining inventory to other dealers at wholesale on June 6.

Apparently some Chrysler dealers targeted for closing are not going to leave quietly:

Targeted dealers hit the brakes on Chrysler -- chicagotribune.com

Heard this from a relative in the Midwest with close ties to the car business, have not been able to verify online, but apparently there are dealers signing on to a class-action lawsuit against Chrysler regarding the closures. Seems a disproportionate number of dealerships with non-union workforces were closed, even if they were profitable. Makes sense, in light of the UAW's role in the restructuring. Anyone else heard anything about this in your area?

Heard this from a relative in the Midwest with close ties to the car business, have not been able to verify online, but apparently there are dealers signing on to a class-action lawsuit against Chrysler regarding the closures. Seems a disproportionate number of dealerships with non-union workforces were closed, even if they were profitable. Makes sense, in light of the UAW's role in the restructuring. Anyone else heard anything about this in your area?

Yup,something like 400 dealers signed up in a class-action suit against Chrysler. I doubt its going anywhere, since most if not all dealer agreements are subject to being canceled by the manufacturer for any number of reasons, INCLUDING low sales volume.......

Back
Top Bottom