Coach Prime

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
https://bleacherreport.com/videos/463218-deions-jimmy-horn-story

Above is a brief part of Taylor Rooks almost hour long interview with Colorado Buffaloes head football coach Deon Sanders, aka Coach Prime. He tells what he said on field late in the game to receiver Jimmy Horn, when Horn had been having a terrible game. It shows the love, caring and competence of a remarkable person, let alone Coach.

Horn came back to catch a key touchdown in their 4th quarter comeback and overtime victory last week.

I must have come down with Coach Prime fever.

My alma mater, Michigan, has had the inside track on top rated high school QB from nearby Detroit area, but I heard the QB is now considering Colorado. After watching the interview, I’d encourage him to go with Coach Prime.

Deion Sanders played for the 49ers one year and helped bring one of five Super Bowl championships to the Bay Area. He is revered here. His public persona is quite different from his locker room behavior with teammates as it is reported that he is quiet, humble and focused in the locker room and with his teammates and his Prime Time hype ain't braggin' because he can back it up on the field.

Physically gifted and with a penchant for stepping up when all eyes are on him he was probably the best shutdown corner the NFL has ever seen. The rap against him is he didn't like tackling and contact but he more than made up for it as teams rarely targeted him in their pass schemes. His body was physically sculpted like a body builder and he showed up always in shape and ready to play. The fact he played in the Major Leagues shows his versatility and athletic talent.

What he has done in Colorado is simply off the charts in terms of leadership and motivational skills. This is a special human being showing uncommon traits. Enjoy the show.

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/463218-deions-jimmy-horn-story

Above is a brief part of Taylor Rooks almost hour long interview with Colorado Buffaloes head football coach Deon Sanders, aka Coach Prime. He tells what he said on field late in the game to receiver Jimmy Horn, when Horn had been having a terrible game. It shows the love, caring and competence of a remarkable person, let alone Coach.

Horn came back to catch a key touchdown in their 4th quarter comeback and overtime victory last week.

I must have come down with Coach Prime fever.

My alma mater, Michigan, has had the inside track on top rated high school QB from nearby Detroit area, but I heard the QB is now considering Colorado. After watching the interview, I’d encourage him to go with Coach Prime.

I saw that segment and came away feeling the same way about him.

As an athlete he was impressive, but what he has done already as a coach and mentor is really special. I hope he can sustain it for years to come.

But perhaps not today though... CU is getting a spanking, but there is always a second half. Let's see what adjustments the coaching staff makes for the second half.

Yep, his team looks really bad today... not sure if it is Oregon is so much better or just bad play... probably a combination of both..

Sanders has done a good job of turning around a horrible program in one year. But to really compete at the upper level he needs a couple of more recruiting seasons.

His public persona is quite different from his locker room behavior with teammates as it is reported that he is quiet, humble and focused in the locker room and with his teammates and his Prime Time hype ain't braggin' because he can back it up on the field.

When he was with Atlanta in the NFL, I had a chat with one of my BILs who lives in that area. At the time I thought Deion was full of himself, but my BIL straightened me out quick. He worked with folks in the Falcons organization, and to a person they said Deion was one of the kindest, humblest people there - not just to his teammates, but to everyone who worked there, regardless of their role. He was always doing kind things for the staff, and if he heard of someone sick or had a family member who was sick he would encourage them and, if they wanted, do a hospital or home visit without wanting any publicity.

I have watched some of the Coach Prime documentary on Amazon Prime, and you can tell he cares about his players both on and off the field, and is trying to mold them into both good players and good citizens. Even though he lost today, he not making any excuses about it.

Yep, his team looks really bad today... not sure if it is Oregon is so much better or just bad play... probably a combination of both..
Not taking anything away from CO, but Oregon is at another level. TCU, Nebraska and Col St are at best mediocre teams this years. USC will be another tough test next week.

No doubt CO will get better next couple of years as recruits will find the environment and limelight exciting. That’s assuming Deion doesn’t bolt for a higher paying gig in a couple of years.

My favorite play of him was with the Cowboys. Playing corner, he intercepts the ball and runs it back to the end zone. He immediately starts celebrating, and draws a flag for "Unnecessary Celebration". (That was against the rules at that time).

Referee announces the penalty: "5 yard penalty, unnecessary celebration. Player stepped out of bounds on the 2 yard line, penalty places the ball on the 7. First down Dallas."

So he illegally celebrated a touchdown he thought he scored, but didn't.

And here I was thinking that "Coach Prime" was some new airline seating upgrade. :LOL: :facepalm:

I watched that game & then the post game interview. Prime didn't make any excuses but he did praise the opposing team and coaches for their efforts. We just weren't good enough today.

I watched that game & then the post game interview. Prime didn't make any excuses but he did praise the opposing team and coaches for their efforts. We just weren't good enough today.

I only saw a few clips and I will say that he does seem like a good coach... did not try and make excuses, told it like it was... he also said that the death threats on the opponents player who took out his best player the previous game needs to stop...

And he is not the first flashy coach... just seems to be better at it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom