Condom sales buck down economy

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
The economic news isn't all bad - sales of some products are up:

While car purchases plummeted and designer clothes mostly stayed on the racks, sales of condoms in the U.S. rose 5% in the fourth quarter of 2008, and 6% in January vs. the same time periods the previous year, The Nielsen Co. reports
----
"If people don't have the money to go out to a fancy dinner or are looking to cut back, Trojan gives them some real affordable ways to stay in and make some great memories together," says Jim Daniels, vice president of marketing for Trojan, the nation's No. 1 condom maker.
----
Pam Piligian of Fitzgerald+CO, the ad agency for Durex condoms, says that condoms are "recession resistant."

I would think it's an (ahem) growth industry when times turn to crap. Not just because it provides cheap entertainment, but it protects against a very expensive outcome.

People finally understanding that if you think Condoms are expensive, try kids!

Or AIDS!

----
"If people don't have the money to go out to a fancy dinner or are looking to cut back, Trojan gives them some real affordable ways to stay in and make some great memories together," says Jim Daniels, vice president of marketing for Trojan, the nation's No. 1 condom maker.
----

What, no lobster dinner first?

Another meaning for the word, ahem...raincoat.

Last edited:
Pam Piligian of Fitzgerald+CO, the ad agency for Durex condoms, says that condoms are "recession resistant."

Durex is owned by SSL International. Take a look at this stock's performance over the past two years:

Attachments

• ssl.png
    ssl.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 9
Well, while we're on this subject we might as well see how a real man uses a Post-it

Attachments

• PostIt.jpg
    PostIt.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 20
Well, while we're on this subject we might as well see how a real man uses a Post-it
we women would need 4 different colored Post-its to remember...um...

anyway...here's the color code
S is red :cool:, M is yellow ;), L is green :greetings10:, OMG is mauve :flowers:

oops - trade secret release - now you guys know what "mauve" really means.

This guy is a wuss. A real man would have a second one on the back of her head...
Reminds me of the old joke "What's the happy sound made by a truly satisfied woman?"

I just hope we don't find out that SSL is yet another TARP asset run by hardened criminals...

Back
Top Bottom