Considering signing up for Frontier 500 Internet

RetiredAndLovingIt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
California, The State Of Crime And Chaos.
Is anyone using this service and if so are you happy with it?
They just finished installing it in our area (So Cal) and are offering me 1 year with an Amazon EERO WiFi Router for $39.95 a month. I did notice in the mice type a $20 restocking fee for the equipment when the internet is disconnected which is a fee I've never heard of before but I suppose they know I might jump back to Spectrum at that time.
I've heard bad things about Frontier but usually it's related to customers that thought they were signing up for fiber service when it wasn't available in our area.

I always use my own modem and router, so I can switch providers quickly and save on the monthly fee they charge. Now I guess I'll soon save on restocking fees too :D

Same here, own hardware.

As for Frontier internet, have no comment as have not used.

Heh - we just swapped from Frontier to Spectrum Tuesday here near Palm Springs. Liked Frontier better than Spectrum, but the costs were headed up, so after 2 years on Frontier signed on for $30/mo for 2 years with Spectrum again. Haven't been able to get online with Spectrum yet, they are sending a tech tomorrow, hope springs eternal. Hate playing the game with ISP salepeople.

I have Frontier 500/500 (So Cal). It’s $39.99/month. I use Google Wi-Fi as my router but I believe with the new promotion you can get their Eero router free of charge. The modem is an ONT box they install in your garage and that is also included in the basic fee so there should be no extra charges beyond the $39.99/month. If you need additional access points for Wi-Fi coverage in your home you would have to purchase those separately. You can just buy them on Amazon though.

We have had Frontier 500Mb internet service for several years and it's been quite reliable. Also have cable and digital phone thru them.

Back
Top Bottom