Cool Music Videos

I've never heard him acoustic. Beats endless boogie for sure; excellent voice.

Here's another great bluesman on a hurricane

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PILGaerSSEk

I heard both these guys at the Ash Grove in LA in the early 70s. The night John Lee played he played electric and opened for Canned Heat,. I bet that kind of struck him funny.

I almost got myself knifed that night. The Club was full, and they told us we could go around and sit on the stage door steps in the alley behind; it was a hot night so the doors would be kept open. I plunked myself down right by the door and proceeded to get comfortable. A while later a big group if Chicanos showed up and attempted to throw me off the porch, which I strongly resisted. Knives came out, my girl friend started screaming and yelling in Spanish, and we took advantage of momentary confusion and ran up the alley. So I caught all of John Lee, but missed some Canned Heat.

She also decided that I was too stupid to stay in her life.

I never heard Lightnin’ Hopkins play acoustic either. He always played a white Telecaster, finger picking style.

Ha

Great stuff - Thanks Martha for the acoustic John Lee. -Like haha, I mostly think of his electric stuff, though he has a few acoustic numbers on 'The Healer' ( a great CD BTW). But seeing him play that at a young age - very moving.

haha - now you got me following all the Lightnin' videos - I saw him on TV once when I was just a kid, have always loved his sound. His timing is so wild - you never know when he's gonna change chords, or when he is going to throw in a little off-time break, and he always makes it work.

I think I just added a few points to my internet addiction score ;) - ERD50

some really cool solo vocal music by a young kid.

some really cool solo vocal music by a young kid. great stuff.
especially since he's just singing through some crappy lectern mic...

YouTube - CORAN

some really cool solo vocal music by a young kid. great stuff.
especially since he's just singing through some crappy lectern mic...

beautiful.

oh, and thanx for the flashback to my crackled-voiced barmitzvah. i didn't sound anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom