Could I hand a check to Vanguard in person?

fire2china

Confused about dryer sheets
I am expecting a "big" check from previous 401K account soon, and my home is only 10 miles from Valley Forge, PA(or Wayne, PA), could I drive to there and give a check to Vanguard in person? or do I have to mail it to Vanguard?

Since we all work for Vanguard here, I think the answer is a definite maybe.

Seriously, call up Vanguard and ask them. Do not ask us. I'm sure the answer is yes if it is a properly addressed envelope. You don't even have to put on your Fedex hat either.

I went to their King of Prussia? office and gave them a check.

Does Vanguard have an office in King of Prussia? Could you tell me the exact address? I am working in KOP. I saw its overnight mail address is in Wayne.

I saw there is a Fidelity office in KOP.

I just called, the answer is NO BECAUSE OF SECURITY CONCERN. We all have to mail checks to their office even though we are in the same neighbourhood.

fire2china said:
I am expecting a "big" check from previous 401K account soon, and my home is only 10 miles from Valley Forge, PA(or Wayne, PA), could I drive to there and give a check to Vanguard in person? or do I have to mail it to Vanguard?

You're talking about sending a check, not the Hope Diamond.

Our office sends out a fedex envelope every day to Schwab with checks the regularly exceed $5,000,0000. We have never had an issue as long as I have been here. In addition, the check can be easily replaced if lost. If you're so worried, ask for a fed wire.

fire2china said:
Does Vanguard have an office in King of Prussia? Could you tell me the exact address? I am working in KOP. I saw its overnight mail address is in Wayne.

I Fedex'ed them a check, to the overnite address in Wayne. When I went to
fedex.com to track the package, it showed it had been delivered to KoP.
Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom