Credit card extended warranty

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Good news story:
In the last year, I've taken advantage of my credit cards' extended warranty twice, and both times happy result with minimal effort on my part.
I did have to scrounge up some old documentation for my claim with Chase, but start to finish I think it took a week to get my claim approved (and, I no longer had that card).
I just filed a claim through my AMEX, and got a statement credit posted the NEXT DAY. Can't beat that.
Granted, in both cases the amounts involved were small - $80 and $40 - but even so it was gratifying.

That's good to know. I always wondered how many hoops one had to jump through for these extended warrantees. What additional documentation did the credit card require to process your claim?

I found it incredibly easy with my Discover card. I had bought a Kenmore refrigerator and we had some issues with it about 6 months after the 1 year warranty period ended. I got it fixed, sent them the documentation and they sent me a check for $700. :dance:

That's good to know. I always wondered how many hoops one had to jump through for these extended warrantees. What additional documentation did the credit card require to process your claim?

Chase wanted copy of the warranty and my charge receipt; I am not the most organized person but eventually I did find that receipt.
AMEX asked for nothing!

Used Amex. CC a few times. Great. Needed to provided copy of original
receipt, copy of warranty, and Amex. statement. Filling out paperwork
and phones calls, a hassle. But got statement credit a few times.

ie. laptop broke. Got estimate for repair, got statement credit. Did not
repair, bought new laptop. $300+ credit.

stolen/lost ipod. Got statement credit for new one.
Had to provide police report.

laptop chargers - got reimbursed for power cords/charger.:greetings10:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom