Dan Fogelberg concert video on YouTube

I will have to take a look. I had a couple of his albums on vinyl decades ago. I'm pretty sure I saw him in concert but that time is hazy :)

"As the Raven Flies" brings back fond memories of smoke filled vans in the high school parking lot.

Here is part two for those interested but too hazy to find on your own this morning... LOL

https://youtu.be/8fyMaJYOGvA

I have everything Dan put out on CD except his Xmas album. His early albums are great. I found the first three record albums in an antique shop a few years ago and bought them just to have.

Great musician and songwriter. I saw him in concert in Ames, IA on Halloween 1981. Fun college road trip. Those were the days of college coffee houses, where many students were influenced by his music along with Michael Johnson and other folk artists. Good memories.

https://www.danfogelberg.com/live-at-carnegie-hall

This is a great find for fans... highly recommend this double live acoustic album. The story behind it getting made is pretty cool.

d713c6_3dfcc607484140ab954eb579f2b3136c~mv2.jpg

View attachment 42705

Last edited:
I still recall hearing him for the first time (1981 I think.) Leader of the Band and Same Old Lang Syne were popular and got lots of air play. Had to have the album and, later, others.

Unique talent. As mentioned above, gone too soon.

I'll see if I can dig up a link later, I had seen it on YouTube, but Dan F was in a band called "The Ship" that played around the Peoria and Champaign area of IL, back in the 70's.

I had a link to that album, and I was very familiar with it, kind of a folk/rock opera,/concept album that told the story of a voyage.

Around 2020, I took one of my kids to Bradly U in Peoria for college orientation, and there were some events in the downtown park, and lots of tributes to Dan F.

-ERD50

Saw him in concert when I was in college in the early 1980's - he played at the LSU Assembly Center.

Cheers,
Big-Papa

Back
Top Bottom