DEA: Gov't property REIT and Verizon

MichealKnight

Full time employment: Posting here.
DEA. Div currently around 6.35%

Stock price is down like most everything else - and this one is trading at the level it did during the Covid Crash. Certainly I do not know the status on every single holding they have but seems like their properties are leased to the Federal Government - things like FBI and other agencies. It's down this much - - and it seems Uncle Sam is paying his rent -- - anyone heard of this one?

And everyone's more favorite, sexiest sizzling stock.... VERIZON.

Now yielding 6.7%.... any thoughts on if this stock can just stay at evens for awhile?

For my personal goals - if either of these are a steady 6% payout and shares remain neutral for next 3-5 years, these would work nicely.

DEA has a compelling story but I have never researched it. I think I will now because you highlighted it.

I've owned VZ for decades and it performs like you would expect from a big telecom. It's steady on the dividends but no growth. At the current levels I might add more. I haven't been following the new Apple phone introduction but I think this could impact the big telecoms competition. They seem to have enough cash to keep paying the dividends even if their revenues take a hit during any upcoming recession. Higher interest rates will hurt VZ a little because of the massive debt built up from the 5G build out. If they get this behind them they can start stock buy backs again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom