Do I need to switch banks?

As someone else said - switching banks is work. In addition, if you have your credit cards with the bank and wish to change those your credit score will take a hit. The length of current accounts impacts FICO. Just ignore the guy, or go to another branch if that is an option. Annuities = commissions for the sellers. With the higher interest environment that is likely coming up, locking you in to a low % investment as rates rise would be great for the bank.

Exactly.

The problem is that they assume 1) they know more than you, and 2) because you are an older woman, they know a LOT more than you. I am often approached by bank employees offering to set up a meeting with their “personal bankers”. And I always say no— because, TBH, With almost 40 years’ experience managing my finances and the ability to research online, I don’t see that their “personal banker” (usually a teller who got a promotion) can really add any value.

And to the point someone made about being willing to talk as an invitation to be sold to....fair point. But there is a world of difference between selling and being insulting and rude. If you want to stay with that bank, just avoid that person or change branches.

I would immediately move to a credit union....and for heavens sake, stop having these meetings with salesmen. If you can't research it on your own, then its not a good fit for you.

Back
Top Bottom