Doctors' lies: they publish, others perish

Art

Recycles dryer sheets
"Research suggests this is but a small fraction of all the incidents of fabrication, falsification and plagiarism. In a survey published June 9 in the journal Nature, about 1.5 percent of 3,247 researchers who responded admitted to falsification or plagiarism. (One in three admitted to some type of professional misbehavior.)"

http://tinyurl.com/9qxx9

1.5% say they lied? And 1/3 say they misbehaved? They are human, which means 100% of them lie and misbehave. Although I might be lying.

I was just thinking it, and I thought it'd bear publishing.

"...and it died right there. Good."

Hmm, I smell BAIT! In any case, I don't worry about lying cheating researchers for one reason: if the results are interesting, somebody will try to replicate them. Remember Cold Fusion? That was a blast to watch go down in flames.

Dude...I made cold fusion in the master bedroom earlier this evening when the wife wanted to go to bed early...so dont diss it... ;)

You did smell bait.  Any good researcher knows they need to give the people funding the research more or less what they were looking for or they'll get no more research dollars.

Trust me...the couple of guys who always came back with the results I wanted got millions more.  the ones that didnt probably dont even remember me.  The guy I gave a couple of million to that suddenly got some kind of religion about not doing what i wanted is probably still explaining to his wife why they're not living in that cool Bay Area house and making lots and lots of money...

But give farty arty some credit.  Some early retirees are really, realy interested in terry schiavo, chinese government, and who does and doesnt fudge research work...he's doing us a real service by finding all of the important internet research..

wabmester said:
Remember Cold Fusion?   That was a blast to watch go down in flames.

Kinda sad actually :( You have to admit, some of the results that came out of that were interesting, if not always repeatable. Now anything that even comes close to resembling cold fusion is quickly discounted as crackpot science.

Check this stuff out... cool photos at the very least. Someday, I might try building on myself and see what happens

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/cfr/index.htm

I periodically search the net for good turd science - being in the swamp - septic tanks are out. I have 10' high plus cat-tails in my mini-lagoon this year. Always interested in good poop on turds.

And a few other things of course.

ER is fun. Heh, heh, heh.

wabmester said:
In any case, I don't worry about lying cheating researchers for one reason: if the results are interesting, somebody will try to replicate them.

True, but in the case of clinical drug trials, you can have huge body counts (as in the case of Vioxx heart attack victims), before the truth finally comes out and we learn that there was all kinds of evidence that was ignored or suppressed.

http://tinyurl.com/c6cvf

According to the Wall Street Journal, this one example led to 27,000 heart attacks and sudden cardiac deaths.

I realize that this is not as interesting as threads about cheap desktop computers and OJ getting beat up by his girlfriend, but I think such topics are best left to extremely insecure, delusional, junior high school dropouts with very tiny genitals (). 8)

() said:
Trust me...the couple of guys who always came back with the results I wanted got millions more. 

Trust me... this is why you got s***-canned at the tender age of 39 with a reputation that ensures you stay ER! :p

Art said:
I realize that this is not as interesting as threads about cheap desktop computers and OJ getting beat up by his girlfriend, but I think such topics are best left to extremely insecure, delusional, junior high school dropouts with very tiny genitals ().  8)

Oh Art.... this is getting so tedious. Why don't you just PM ()?

YO! ..... why even bother to wait until page 4 of this thread?

I declare...KAYAKS!

one little, two little, three little kayaks.....four little five little six little kayaks...

Back
Top Bottom