Early Retirement

I don't know if you are troll, but your story keeps changing, are you going to pay off your house and travel in a RV, or are you going to build a big custom house on your bare land.

I guessing you won't get a custom home on desirable land for the 450 equity you have in your current home.

If the land is worth 350, a house might cost close to 1 mil.....certainly don't build a 450K house on 350 land.

Last edited:
Troll

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The last time I wrote you all it was September 4th. Well I decided to retire and did so on September 15th. Funny how I was called a troll for just telling you my story and asking for some advise. Never did find out what the hell a troll was but it doesn't really matter now. Just wanted to stop by for the folks who gave good info and tell you thank you. Coming up on 3 months of retirement and loving it. House is almost paid off and I am purchasing a nice motor home to travel America.
Reduced some of my monthly expenses after I retired and that will help in the long term. Just wanted to say keep working hard and put that cash away for your retirement. Take care

The last time I wrote you all it was September 4th. Well I decided to retire and did so on September 15th. Funny how I was called a troll for just telling you my story and asking for some advise. Never did find out what the hell a troll was but it doesn't really matter now. Just wanted to stop by for the folks who gave good info and tell you thank you. Coming up on 3 months of retirement and loving it. House is almost paid off and I am purchasing a nice motor home to travel America.
Reduced some of my monthly expenses after I retired and that will help in the long term. Just wanted to say keep working hard and put that cash away for your retirement. Take care

A troll is someone who posts for Inflammatory purpose. I don't think that fits, but some may.
Good luck with your retirement.

Well I was one who used the T-word. Sorry about that.

Your situation is unusual. Very few people have that kind of pension income.

Just watch your expenses and you are better than OK.

Am I missing something?

Looking for some thoughts on a early retirement. If you can give me some advise I would appreciate you assistance.

56year old about to retire
I have almost 600k in the bank and 300 of that is making 4% the rest is making nothing as usual.
I have a house that I owe 45k on
Have a retirement income of 195k yearly and that is after taxes.
Can you survive on that.
Like to buy an RV and travel. Currently have about 10k in bills each month.
As soon as the house is paid off I will be sitting nice I think. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you

$600,000 in the bank...less $45,000 owed on house...equals $555,000 free and clear.

$195,000 per year after taxes (which is the salary equivalent of approximately $300,000?).

If I had those numbers, I'd retire today and EASILY have $1M in the bank by the time I'd start receiving Social Security at 62.

I cannot believe the replies that said it's not enough. It is, to the contrary, Hog Heaven.

PS. You must live like a king with $10K in monthly bills...mine would be more like $1K per month.

PPS. Hope this isn't considered inflammatory...don't want to be called a troll for having an opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom