Employer pushing retirees to Medicare Advantage

What if?

What if the market crashes, the earth shakes, the levee breaks, an asteroid hits, social security is cut, taxes go up and you get hit by a bus?

I guess I'll deal with it then.

For those that "love it" without disclosing sensitive personal information has the MA plan met or exceeded expectations when faced with serious injury, or medical condition diagnosed or during rule out phase of assessment?

There is no shortage of people who love products including or especially autos until the test drive is complete.

My DW is on a MA plan from UHC. All her doctors on are in plan. She had two surgeries last year- back fusion L4 L5 and similar neck fusion surgery. We got a “bill” from the back surgery for $250k (!), included 5 days in hospital. All we paid was $150 co pay. Same for neck surgery, $150 co pay.

We went for an ER visit this summer out of state. No problem, paid the $50 co pay for an ER visit. She’s been delighted with the plan.

HMO’s are great when your healthy. God forbid you get sick. I worked for the biggest name in HMO for 10 plus years. It was cheap and easy for me and my kids.
BUT, never again.
I know of too many people who died because their complaints went ignored and untreated. Next thing you know stage 4.
My BFF still works for that HMO got breast cancer and a mastectomy. She found the care so sub par she paid out of pocket for her reconstruction at 30k. Her DH has a fit if she spends 35.00 on lunch with their son but paid the 30 k without much complaint.

My Brother is a diabetic while on said HMO his premiums were cheaper and his A1C was 11. Off the HMO and on newer meds ie more than just Regular and NPH insulin and his A1C is now 6.5.

So if you only want the option of generic medication and no new technology, go for it.

PS Good luck Robbie, hope you don’t regret your choice someday as a former insider you may be caught dead do to your choice. Love it now but what if?

Some HMOs are great and some suck. Sounds like your HMO sucked.

What if?

What if the market crashes, the earth shakes, the levee breaks, an asteroid hits, social security is cut, taxes go up and you get hit by a bus?

I guess I'll deal with it then.

I’ve noticed that of all the things I worry about it’s always the ones I never thought of that get me.
And then I deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom