Equifax Revisited

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A few months back I sent in documentation to unfreeze my Equifax credit report since it was frozen and I was locked out of online access.

A new year, a new crack and getting Equifax online access :(.

I requested my annual credit report from them a couple weeks ago in case I needed to talk to one of their call center people :(:(.

Received a couple of letters from them. One letter said something like "You requested a credit report, but our records show you already requested a report within 12 months." :(:(:(

But along with this letter, the other letter is my credit report. So, they obliviously, they still don't have their act together.

I'm thinking either I stop the agony now and do nothing, or get ready to get stonewalled trying to get my MyEquifax online reset.

After some poking around, I saw that there's a free Equifax Lock & Alert service. I figure, it's probably same as the MyEquifax but what the heck, I'll try setting up a new account. I enter all my info, even using the same email, and it works :dance:.

Somebody is not talking to somebody at Equifax. But I can live with online access to lock/unlock my Equifax credit and just avoid trying to get the MyEquifax account reset.

I didn't even have to bribe anyone there as say I wanted to sign up for a pay service :popcorn:.

You're probably aware of this, but a lock is not the same as a freeze.

You're probably aware of this, but a lock is not the same as a freeze.

I know, but good enough for me.

I did a meatloaf. 2 out of 3 frozen ain't bad.

Here you go, as will probably be asked. Freeze vs Lock.

A credit freeze and a credit lock are two ways to protect your credit reports from being used by scammers to open new accounts.

You may see the terms “credit freeze” and “credit lock” used interchangeably, and they do offer similar protections. The three credit reporting bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion —sometimes promote their credit lock services, which can carry a monthly fee, alongside their credit freeze options, which are free. A key difference is that it’s simpler to unlock a credit lock than it is to “thaw” a credit freeze. But a freeze may afford legal protections that a lock doesn't.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/credit-lock-and-credit-freeze

Attachments

• credit freeze vs lock.jpg
    credit freeze vs lock.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom