ER not by design....

shiny said:
You mean like a post-surgical transvestite?

LOL!

The cutest woman I ever met was an African American pre-op back in the 70s in LA. I was so into her, until my office mates told me what was hidden in her knickers.

Even knowing this, she was knock down beautiful.

Ha

Martha said:
If you have the situation where any  guy is hired but only attractive women, then you have a sex discrimination claim.  Or, if a business only hires lovely young women, but not older women, there may be an age discrimination claim. I bet a lot of these types of claims are couched in terms of some other type of discrimination. 

I'm sorry. You're being logical and rational. I was seeing the actions of a major corporation that would rather do anything than have an EEOC filed against them even if it was frivilous.

What was interesting was that I was dating a girl that applied for a position. She was rejected. When she was invited to reapply she wouldn't. I think she was afraid she would be rejected again and then she would know that it wasn't because she was too good looking.

What was even more interesting is that in her angst about her future I offered to teach her calculus. She flunked algebra in high school. I said that didn't matter because calculus is easier than algegra (which it is). The end of the story is that she learned calculus, went off and got a mechanical engineering degree and never saw me again. I have to say the world is probably a much better place.

I really didn't intend to be logical or rational. :) What I meant is that if someone is going to make a discrimination claim they will try to fit it in one of the prohibited categories, like age, sex, race or national origin, even if it doesn't really fit. They may do that to try to squeeze out a settlement.

I don't know the details.  The net result was the same.  Non-ugly women by whatever definition was used were reinterviewed for the positions.  I'm just glad I wasn't married to one of the women originally hired. There were no "settlements" that I knew of.

Back
Top Bottom