ER.org - a sea of tranquility

Took a while to understand porcine remarks... Still occasionally fail, but learning.

Tranquility indeed. Zen, amongst the rabble.:angel:

I have to agree with this.

I just stay away from healthcare-related threads. Sometimes it is difficult not to answer some of the posts I see :)

Even at it's absolute worst, thankfully this place is a sea of tranquility by comparison... :flowers:

I just stay away from healthcare-related threads. Sometimes it is difficult not to answer some of the posts I see :)
Why? I thought having folks provide insight from their various areas of expertise is the whole point of this forum (see Community Rules). You ask questions hoping others can offer guidance, but you're not willing to reciprocate when your area(s) of expertise come up?

Was beaten up a couple of times for providing and supporting generally accepted protocols which I use as a clinician. I won't fall in that trap again :)

Why? I thought having folks provide insight from their various areas of expertise is the whole point of this forum (see Community Rules). You ask questions hoping others can offer guidance, but you're not willing to reciprocate when your area(s) of expertise come up?

thanks ERHoosier, for starting my weekend with the Argument Clinic. :LOL:

+1, I never get tired of Monty Python, a great memory from college...thanks.

This IS a great site. Thanks to the mods for keeping it sane and civil. Fear of bacon is a great motivator.

One of my luckiest days in ER (a slight exaggeration) was finding this place!

And its great that we have several mods here that represent the Texas POV, and hey, the rest of you aren't bad either:D

No wonder those MP DVD's sell better now than they did back in the 70's ;)
DVDs? Whippersnapper...

Unfortunately DW gave me a full set on VHS, basically useless now.

This IS a great site. Thanks to the mods for keeping it sane and civil. Fear of bacon is a great motivator.

One of my luckiest days in ER (a slight exaggeration) was finding this place!
+1

No wonder those MP DVD's sell better now than they did back in the 70's ;)
The DVD's probably weren't selling better in the 70's because the they hadn't been invented yet.:D

DVDs? Whippersnapper...

Unfortunately DW gave me a full set on VHS, basically useless now.
If it's any consolation, the DVD will be replaced with something else, and then you will feel better about not having the DVD version. :)

Marko's Right, re. Post #35

+100

This board has been a great discovery. I don't do Facebook or any social media. If I want to be in contact with friends or family, I write, call or email. Figure the rest of the world has little to no interest in my day-to-day concerns. Why should they?

However, when we retired, DH and I only knew a few other retirees, folks much older than we are, who seemed to be in a much different place in life. Most of our close friends are still working. A few colleagues who retired when I did are widely scattered geographically. So, who do you ask when you have such basic questions? (My mom is 86 and retired in the 80's....a very different retirement world.)

Can't remember how I happened upon this site, but this has been just as educational as (but more entertaining than) college classes long ago. PLUS, this board addresses infinite varieties of questions, and insights the post-ers have learned through their own research and experience. Kind of like college "freshman orientation" when you're told the "real deal" about how to survive-- maybe even thrive-- on campus.

Of course, this "campus" is a whole lot more fun: no papers to write, no future careers to worry about, no resumes to sweat over, or interviews to prep for. We have now arrived at the time when we get rewarded for all those years of hard labor.

Thanks, moderators, for making this such a civil and supportive on-line community. Your numbers will be burgeoning, as I tell more friends about i! :flowers:

bullshit-meter.gif

Darn it, you PROMISED you wouldn't show anyone my score on the meter. :(

I do not enjoy reading nasty typed comments any more than I would if delivered in person. Some online poster (not here) comments are downright scary!

I'm a lover by nature, not a fighter. :D

Was beaten up a couple of times for providing and supporting generally accepted protocols which I use as a clinician. I won't fall in that trap again :)

Blame the internet. Now anyone can earn a medical degree (not to mention decades of specialization experience) in just a few minutes on Goggle!!! :rolleyes:

The DVD's probably weren't selling better in the 70's because the they hadn't been invented yet.:D

If it's any consolation, the DVD will be replaced with something else, and then you will feel better about not having the DVD version. :)

Guess I'll have to buy the White Album again.... again!

I estimate that 90% of the online comments on my local papers website come from no more than 40 people out of a population that must include one million adults. Most of these people have an axe to grind and will bend any news story to grind it. You could write a science story about why the sky is blue and their comments will be something like; "Of course it's blue, this a a commie pinko blue state", or "The right wing zealots will not stop until the sky falls in on all our civil rights!"

Guess I'll have to buy the White Album again.... again!

In the late 70s, after the band Steppenwolf broke up, some of the members wanted to tour again using the name, but without leader/lead singer john Kay.

Kay agreed to the use of the band name, with the stipulation that the other members would give up their rights to royalties from song plays and album sales. At the time, sales were rather paltry, and the remainder of the group agreed.

After hearing of these other Steppenwolf incarnations, John Kay was furious, since an original agreement among the band members in the early 1970s stated that anyone leaving forfeited any rights on the group's name, while the last original members standing when the group disbanded (Kay and Jerry Edmonton) would have exclusive claims on the name hereafter. At their lawyers' advice, Kay and Edmonton agreed to license the name to the others. This licensing agreement stated that McJohn and St. Nicholas would have to give up their Steppenwolf royalties forever to go forward. They both agreed. Eventually, this agreement was terminated after promised fees were not paid to Kay and Edmonton. Kay then took to the road in 1980 with a new line-up as John Kay and Steppenwolf.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppenwolf_(band)#cite_note-The_Great_Rock_Discography-3

Then came CDs...

Back
Top Bottom