Estimate for Health Care Insurance

Cessna5354

Recycles dryer sheets
I work for a mega-soup company which will provide $ 440 or so stipend to purchase insurance till age 65.

I do not have a clue as to what the total cost would be, therefore what my balance of the costs :confused:

Looked/searched, No Joy,

Thanks,

IIRC, CA, VT, and WA have some prelim figures for 2014 HI premiums under their individual Exchanges. And MA, of course, which has been under Romneycare for a while. Most states have yet to publish specific HI premiums for bronze/silver/gold HI plans under their Exchanges, but I expect more info to come out soon since Oct 1 is fast approaching (1st signup date for 2014).
Unfortunately, purchase of HI premiums is only the beginning of overall health care costs. Depending upon personal circumstances (health issues, finances, etc.), many also find it useful to budget a portion of their out-of-pocket max each year to help cover deductibles/copays/etc.

Thanks MichaelB,
I did not get the Kaiser model to work??
The UC Berkley did provide a $ 1,500 for family of two, no children considered.

I am currently in NJ, but look to relo to FL in 3 or so years.

We worked some of the numbers last weekend, as part of our financial planning efforts related to estimating expenses in retirement. Since my spouse is an expert in ACA, I delegated the responsibility. The number my spouse came up with was $10,800 annual for a decent plan for the younger of us (with the older of us on Medicare). That's in today's dollars. FWIW.

Thanks all,

This was one of my last undefined costs, planning for retirement.

Back
Top Bottom