Experian again!

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This report comes from Krebs on Security https://krebsonsecurity.com/2023/01/experian-glitch-exposing-credit-files-lasted-47-days/

On Dec. 23, 2022, KrebsOnSecurity alerted big-three consumer credit reporting bureau Experian that identity thieves had worked out how to bypass its security and access any consumer’s full credit report — armed with nothing more than a person’s name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number. Experian fixed the glitch, but remained silent about the incident for a month. This week, however, Experian acknowledged that the security failure persisted for nearly seven weeks, between Nov. 9, 2022 and Dec. 26, 2022.

It seems hackers and other malicious actors have easier access to our credit reports than we do.

i'm having my own personal battle with Experian. i can no longer login to my wife's account. 90-minutes on the phone and three agents later the problem persists.

Experian is a pathetic, wretched, awful excuse of a company.

This is a recording.

Having worked in the credit repair/tax industry in the past most people are too small of fish to ever be worried about this causing problems.

Change your passwords and email accounts linked to your financial companies, freeze your credit when you are not needing it to apply for anything, setup passwords that your bank/credit card has to tell YOU to prove you're legitimate when you call.

Setup two factor authentication on every account, don't save private crypto keys in emails/phones. Never use SMS messaging security texts.

You'll be fine. Always review your accounts every week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom