Family friend tax consultant gift

lostinneverland

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have a regular CPA that I use and trust, this year I took my taxes to a family friend CPA to reaffirm what my original CPA told me. He gave me his opinion and we chatted for about an hour and he did not charge me anything. My question is what type of gift, and amount, would be appropriate for this. Thanks everyone for all the great information as always.

Gift card sounds good. $200 too much though. Restaurant or Amazon.

One of those combo "dinner and a movie" gifts cards. We would give these in similar situations per-pandemic and they were appreciated. Maybe not as easy now to use. But, one could still do a combo for someplace that also has takeout and Amazon where one can rent movies.

As an aside, we went to a movie for the first time in a long time yesterday. While technically the theater can go to 40% capacity since we deliberately chose a matinee there were less than 10 people in the large theater so we were all well socially distanced and I was comfortable with the situation.

I agree. Restaurants are limited in many places so Amazon or Visa lets them buy whatever they’d like.

Find a restaurant, click through to the menu and see what a nice dinner for two, with a drink goes for. That seems a good amount.

Back
Top Bottom