Financial writers: Fail

LOL!

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Perhaps they believe the drivel they spout.

Don't forget Edmund Andrews, economics reporter for the New York Times, whose house was in foreclosure when this excerpt from his book about his personal financial ruin was published:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/magazine/17foreclosure-t.html?_r=2&hp

...As an economics reporter for The New York Times, I have been the paper’s chief eyes and ears on the Federal Reserve for the past six years. I watched Alan Greenspan and his successor, Ben S. Bernanke, at close range. I wrote several early-warning articles in 2004 about the spike in go-go mortgages. Before that, I had a hand in covering the Asian financial crisis of 1997, the Russia meltdown in 1998 and the dot-com collapse in 2000. ....

Last edited:
Am I having a grumpy old man moment? I'm not at all sympathetic with the plight of these writers. In fact, I think they all got surprising good deals considering how much they brought on themselves or how whiney and out of touch they are with "real" people. Bah humbug.

Now what I would really like to see are some of the books by people who "failed" in a really big way - the Hunt brothers, the Reichmanns, Madoff etc. Sometimes I just can't help but wonder what on earth they were thinking.

The house he bought for nearly $500K is a few houses down from the one my uncle bought (new) in the late 1950s for almost $30K. He sold it in 1999 for around $300K.

Last edited:
Interesting. Reminds me of the people who make money from losing weight over and over (Kirstie A.) ie This time I really have it right-sure.

Don't forget Edmund Andrews, economics reporter for the New York Times, whose house was in foreclosure when this excerpt from his book about his personal financial ruin was published:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/magazine/17foreclosure-t.html?_r=2&hp

Yes, he was stupid both financially and romantically. I puzzled over many aspects of this story - why her ex wasn't paying child support, why he had to have the expensive house, why they had to have many of the things they did......the old mantra of those wyo can't, teach - in this case those who can't, write.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom